• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Simply brilliant!

Dalrymple didn't only deserve 100 but I would have traded in both of his double hundreds for the knock he just played to help me overcome Yorkshire in a dramatic runchase. Coming to the crease at 3-100 and shortly after 4-120 it looked like game over but together with Hinds, Dalrymple went around resurrecting the innings and after the loss of Hinds did it all himself to win the game with no less that 4 overs to spare.

Attachments

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Promotion!

Biggest achievement of my short ICC career so far.

4th with one game to come I absolutely needed to win to have any chance whatsoever. I thrashed Durham but was still shocked to see myself in 3rd.

Simply awesome!

Attachments

Last edited:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Does anyone know when signing overseas players whether there is a way to check or work out how often that player will be away on international duty? I thought the obvious way would be to check internation fixtures, yet my star Sri Lankian player Dias has only played 3 games this season as he is always on international duty.

However Sri Lankia don't have any games for this time listed, unless i;m missing something. I have found this frustrating, as you only get 2 players and i've spent a large part of my budget on getting him only for him to play in 3 games a season.

Obviously my main concern is making the same mistake next season and once again being without my star player. :@

Can anyone help?

thanks

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think you can find out from the contracts screen, it's a bit annoying. So try to notice what team is touring each year and see if you can pick a player from that team for the next season, or maybe pick a young star who hasn't played internationals before, that's what I try to do.

_Ed_

This is nothing amazingly special, but I'm very happy with this win in the first game of 2007 after coming last in pretty much everything with my retirements-decimated Surrey in 2006. Greg Marshall is a youth leg-spinner who took 53 wickets at 44.81 in his first season, what a difference the off-season can make! :D

Hoping for some good things from this team this season, maybe a trip out of division 2. Or at least up from last place in division 2!

Attachments

Last edited:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Thanks Ed, thats what I tried to do, the guy had only played 1 game for his country before and so i thought it was a good choice. I nearly went for a couple of more established stars but figured they;d be called up reguarly.

Obviously the guy is class and was always going to get selected at some stage but as he'd hardly appeared before I hoped he might be out of favour or stupidly overlooked.

This is my 3rd season with Lancashire and no-one has missed anything like this number of games before, hayden missed about 5 in a season.

However Dias has only played 3 matches all season :-O

_Ed_

Lyell_Chris said:
ed do you prepare spinning pitches ??
I do, but that game was an away game, the pitch was turning by the end but not early on.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I hate games like these....2nd VB final (We lost the first one)
1.4 overs left, Pakistan needing 9 to win, I've got Pathan on now and Nehra for the final over. Pathan just clean bowled Malik to bring in Sami...

D*mnit...4 balls, 4 singles...

1 over - 5 runs...Nehra to bowl.

1 ball, 2 runs, 2 wickets.

Fields in....

D*MNIT!!!!

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Not sure about a record but this was a magnificent knock. It's certainly a record for me. Before this game Knight averaged about 22 in 1 day cricket and I contemplated dropping him

Good job i didn't

Is this knock from Knight as incredible as I think? Once he got passed 150 I kept waiting for him to get out stupidly as always seems to happen to me when a player gets a hundred in 1 day cricket but he just kept getting better. He even outstaged Michael Hayden who I would have thought was far more likely to play this kind of innings

I am so delighted about this I don't quite know what more to say. Well played Knighty.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.