• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Can I have some thoughts from people?:

Bardle on V.Attacking in FC - good, or bad?

Adam's input would be especially valued ;)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
James Harley (787253)

RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: 	Ton Up
Nationality: 	England
BTR: 	54,373
Wages: 	£36,375 p/w
Stamina: 	superb 		Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	competent 	Concentration: 	feeble
Bowling: 	sensational 	Consistency: 	competent
Fielding: 	worthless
How much do ya reckon this guy will go off for?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 9: 24-9, runrate=2.67
Dillon 1-0-1-2
Cash* 6 (5 balls)
Davis 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Singh lali c. Tynan b. Dillon 0 (FOW: 24/9)

Oh and I'd think that sensational will go for around 8m, not worth that, but that's about the mark I can see people bidding.

Edit: 25 all out in 10 overs

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Chased my target down quickly as expected.

Withington scored this:

End of Over 20: 161-4, runrate=8.05
Bowler 4-0-33-0
Hayward* 5 (3 balls)
Sandwith 39 (28 balls)

Last Wicket: Gonasilan Run Out 0 (FOW: 149/4)

It's on a cracked with partially cloudy and humid conditions against an average batting lineup. I expect to see some wickets flying. Ladbroke and Phil doing well as expected in their games, but they're by no means through yet.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Chased my target down quickly as expected.
25ao!

Tucks reports that his batting order is knackered -- he's rested his 1st and 4th best batsmen, so Lovegrove and Hird are the only two who might cause me trouble.

Unfortunately, they're going along nicely, above the required rate. I'm using two backup bowlers, and they're getting tonked. One wicket soon though, and the match is mine!

Pob's getting concerned about fitness, BTW.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Aquantra 88/1 at the halfway point, chasing 161/4.

If I don't get a wicket soon, I'm going to be in trouble.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Well, that's me out -- they chased the target down with 10 balls to spare. Serves me right for resting three key players in a quarter-final.

Keep flying that flag, Scaly.

Scaly piscine

Having Perry open was a shocker, batsmen hardly get out anyway, but against that bowling attack... best batsmen first

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Sandwith's TFL was suffering -- I really didn't want him to bat. Plan was to bowl him out cheaply then chase a small target. Unfortuntately, I lost yet another toss and my bowlers weren't up to it anyway.

Plus, I suspected that Tucks might throw in one of his better bowlers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well, that's me out -- they chased the target down with 10 balls to spare. Serves me right for resting three key players in a quarter-final.

Keep flying that flag, Scaly.
Thought you were chasing... :(

Unlucky buddy.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice draw for Scaly next round. Should be an interesting match actually, Ladbrokes have a mutant batting lineup but only three bowlers, none of whom are particularly amazing.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Great Stuff Scaly, Bring home Ladbrook's scalp for the CW boys. I think Adam beat him in a Friendly, but a competitive win would be even better.

Sorry to nag, but while you're all hear, any thoughts on the training dilemma on the last page?

Tar, Trev

Scaly piscine

Great Stuff Scaly, Bring home Ladbrook's scalp for the CW boys. I think Adam beat him in a Friendly, but a competitive win would be even better.

Sorry to nag, but while you're all hear, any thoughts on the training dilemma on the last page?

Tar, Trev
Sell the YP, you won't get 2m tho, probably won't get half that. You'll be able to buy a YP who's better value than the one you're selling - the market is dumb.

nibbs

International Captain
damit, they only had to keep their heads for 12 balls. ffs.

hopefully my side can recover some stamina before the opening cup fixture on monday, particulary graham and vermaak. otherwise the side is in reasonable shape.

i've got 5mil in the bank, and i'd like to spend 3mil on an extra bowler. anyone know what that would buy me in this day and age?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
i've got 5mil in the bank, and i'd like to spend 3mil on an extra bowler. anyone know what that would buy me in this day and age?
I think that'd probably get you a decent Superb....or maybe even a Quality with poor secondaries.

At least, I HOPE that £3M would get you a Superb.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd get a superb but don't expect equivalent secondaries. You might be able to get a quality/woeful/woeful or something, but no one good.

Status
Not open for further replies.