• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
That gives me a few ideas, i think i might open with a proficient and respectable batsmen, ones attacking and ones destructive. Play them both on very attacking, i.e pinch hitters.
I'd tend to play them both attacking, to be honest, possibly even dropping the first to normal - you don't want them both out in the first two overs!

I'd also be inclined to play the destructive bat in between the two defensive all-rounders, as you definitely want him to come into play towards the end of the innings rather than the middle. Looking at the ratings, I think you are going to get bowled out.

Bear in mind that BT seems to have an inbuilt desire to completely stuff up the best-laid plans of mice and men :@

BTW, has anyone else noticed that their spinners tend not to do so well in the last 10 overs?

PY

International Coach
Mine's a gun in the last ten overs and he's crap. Think it's his destructive temperament and high stamina & secondaries but his bowling is only competent.

He took SP to pieces one game. :p

He actually took 4/57 but I only took four wickets in total. ;)

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Whitehorne does miles better in the last 10 overs than when I bowl him through in the middle overs.

No training pops this week, though I've had three experience pops apparently. Not sure how Watkins' batting hasn't popped yet, I don't remember his batting pop being this far behind his bowling last season. Might start playing my 17yo bowler, he's getting 4 nets but he's at invigorated so should be able to handle one game per week. Not much difference between him and my current fifth bowler (Subasinghe) though, both are low prof with ~feeble cons and stam.

Thinking of buying a new player if I get to the semis of the cup which I should do (quarters this Sunday). Got a pretty healthy balance at 2.4m at the moment, and will be selling a couple of profs I don't really use for hopefully 200k+ each (Subasinghe and Symon) and have a home match next week. Not sure whether to go for a batsman or bowler, probably need a batsman more urgently but if I go for a bowler I can sell Crabb (strong bowler, albeit 30yo) for 600k+. That would give me 3.7m+ to buy someone decent (or 3.1m+ if I went for a batsman), would want to keep at least 1m in the bank though.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Sounds sensible, Adam.

John, my steady quality/quality spinner, has tended not to do so well when I play him as number 5 in the "five overs" lineup, i.e. 5 overs in the middle and 5 at the death. These days, he usually comes in at first change. Mind you, it might just be that the quality of my opposition has gone up.

Anyway, it's something I want to try out in friendlies. Watch out for it in the CW BT Cup ;)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Going on current market, you'd probably get much more than 200k a reasonable proficient.
One's a 19yo prof/woeful/mediocre, the other's a 18yo prof/worthless/mediocre, so neither are particularly great. Bought them earlier this season for 140k and 72k respectively (gave them both one net and they popped straight away), will be happy if I can get 400k+ for the pair. Having said that I'll no doubt list them for well over 200k. ;)

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, only the one pop this week

10. Mark Pearce - 18 yo, BT Rating=9,565
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

this thread is getting way too long, takes for ever to load.

PY

International Coach
I was thinking something similar too actually, I've been thinking of shutting this one for a while and start another one because it's always taking ages for me (and it seems others) to load it up.

Not my call though, what do people think? It'd still be stickied for people to reference and stuff.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
new thread for mine, people can always come back to read this one.

or if people want a huge thread you could lock this, have a new thread every month then merge it at the end of the month with this one...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having everything in here makes it a whole lot easier to find past results or player skills. If too many threads are opened, it'd be a real hassle to have to sort through them all to find the thing you want. And, tbh, I've not really noticed it taking that long to load. But I wouldn't really care if you did go ahead and make a new one.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I vote for, but we need a decent opening post.

although I have not noticed long loading times for this thread.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Keep it all here i say, doesnt seem to take long to load for me.

Have these guys listed for cheap if anyone wants them:

11. Ian Pollock - 23 yo, BT Rating=4,185
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, abysmal batting form, competent bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

13. Kieran Stone - 25 yo, BT Rating=2,484
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, worthless batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Also find that my spinner (Lovers) bowls extremely well in the last ten overs, usually picks up a few wickets for not many runs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.