• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibbs

International Captain
And that's the end of the match. Whenuapai CC won by 63 runs.
Whenuapai CC 263-10
Fry 97, Hamshaw 42, Lennon 42.
where is skippy 200-10
Henshaw 3/29, Sheffield 3/42, Holmes 2/28

this puts us into the last 128. or the same place last seasons cup started. i hope that we are able to go further this time. i'm hoping we'll be able to reach the last 32 at worst

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Well well well, 50.000 bidded for donovan :) like it. hope to get the price a bit up :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
what do people think of this guy, i promoted him from academy last month, he's played one game and bowled 10-3-20-0. Do you think he is worth persisting with? the tools all say he isn't amongst my best 5 bowlers but looking at my stats my first 4 bowlers have ave os 13.11, 18, 21.22 and 23.82 respectively whilst my 5th bowler is either 43.68 or 111, so i was thinking of giving him a go?
wooo a decent youth academy player...all I got were crap players!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am (hopefully) just about to pick up a decent young spinner for 3,000 who can handle the bat too
Haafiz Ibrahim (305644)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Tripods
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 1,937
Wages: £311 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kevin Martins - 18 yo, BT Rating=4,002
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Picked up this guy for 7000, good backup imo - train his bowling as he has decent conc and ok consis and stamina, fielding and batting need work though

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just bought this guy for 16k:

Code:
Bryan Hill (307183)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For:	Asterix XI
Nationality:	England
Battrick Rating:	1,189
Wages:	£344 p/w

Stamina: 	woeful 	Wicket Keeping: 	abysmal
Batting: 	abysmal 	Concentration: 	abysmal
Bowling: 	mediocre 	Consistency: 	abysmal
Fielding: 	woeful
Fairly happy with that, 16k isn't really very much considering I spend 12k on my youth academy every week and usually get nothing in return, and 17yo's are usually more expensive. A spinner is really the only thing I need at the moment, anyway. Quite annoyed though that an 18yo respectable spinner went for only 80k last night - I would've bought him if I was up at that time.

A 17yo with two coaches should pop about once every seven or eight weeks, so with a little luck I'll have a respectable spinner by the end of this season, and he should be at least strong (hopefully superb or quality) by the time he's 20. I don't think I'll play him in my starting XI until he's competent, though (not in a league match, anyway).

My only other spinner has almost identical ratings (mediocre bowler, woeful stamina and consistency, worthless batting), except he's 19 so less trainable. I'll probably sell him soon, and if I can get 16k or more I'll be very happy with the trade. Only problem is working out where I'm going to find two training slots for my new player...

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Adamc said:

Code:
Bryan Hill (307183)

Fairly happy with that, 16k isn't really very much considering I spend 12k on my youth academy every week and usually get nothing in return, and 17yo's are usually more expensive. A spinner is really the only thing I need at the moment, anyway. Quite annoyed though that an 18yo respectable spinner went for only 80k last night - I would've bought him if I was up at that time.

A 17yo with two coaches should pop about once every seven or eight weeks, so with a little luck I'll have a respectable spinner by the end of this season, and he should be at least strong (hopefully superb or quality) by the time he's 20. I don't think I'll play him in my starting XI until he's competent, though (not in a league match, anyway).

My only other spinner has almost identical ratings (mediocre bowler, woeful stamina and consistency, worthless batting), except he's 19 so less trainable. I'll probably sell him soon, and if I can get 16k or more I'll be very happy with the trade. Only problem is working out where I'm going to find two training slots for my new player...

it a good game

ash chaulk

International Captain
Adamc said:

Code:
Bryan Hill (307183)

damn u i bidded for him

andyc

How are you guys going in the game today?

I lost the toss and was sent in, and they're now 5/102 off 34. Heard took 7/2/10/3 in his opening spell, Cave 5/0/14/1, and Andrew, my new allrounder who also opens the batting just finished his 10 overs, 1/16.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I got my 1st team last week and am currently playing my 1st game and WHAT A START!!!

Won the toss and batted on a wicket which was supposedly very very green...

My boys hit 3/356 from my 50 overs with both openers hitting over 140, and in reply the opposition are reeling at 4/19 after 8....

What a start!!! im going all the way!!!

andyc

Nice, Blewy. I'm guesing you're up against bots, which are a bit easier, but that's still really good.

After they made 180/9, I'm currently 97/1 off 12, with Andrew, fresh from his 10 over spell of 1/16, is 65* off 45, and Kenna made 24 before being bowled.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
damn u i bidded for him
Haha, sorry. You don't need any more bowlers anyway. :)

I'm pretty confident of losing my next league match. I'm up against a team which has won 20 of their last 21 matches, so it'd be a bit of an upset if I won. They don't seem to have any real stars, just a lot of very solid players. Their top five all average 66-98, and all the bowlers average around 25-30. I think my best bet is to bat first and hope Cuss and co. put up a massive target. Still undecided as to the composition of my bowling lineup at this stage though. I would play this match on 'go for it' but my team's fitness level isn't great right now.

cameeel

International Captain
Kipper XI v One Day Wonders @ Trentington Oval

Kipper XI: 8-264 (50)

Brydon 65
Dove 61

Run Rate of 5.28

OD Wonders: 4-266 (49.2)

Sterling 85
Hicks 60

Another Loss, 0-5 :( :( :( :( :( :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
cameeel said:
Kipper XI v One Day Wonders @ Trentington Oval

Kipper XI: 8-264 (50)

Brydon 65
Dove 61

Run Rate of 5.28

OD Wonders: 4-266 (49.2)

Sterling 85
Hicks 60

Another Loss, 0-5 :( :( :( :( :( :(
Buy some proper bowlers, you really can't afford to have woeful bowlers in your starting XI.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Gaz's Greats v Armatree @ Gaz's Greats CG

Gaz's Greats: 3/356 (50)

McCaw 175
McLeod 144

Armatree: 231 (44.5)

Hogg 45*
McMahon 43

Conroy 4/26(7.5)
Carpenter 2/36(7)

Gaz's Greats win by 125 Runs

Great 1st up win for my team...

Hope we can keep it going..

andyc

Myrtlebank CC vs. Magical Ponies

Myrtlebank CC 9/180
Hanson 54 (57)
Barrowdale 31 (104)

Heard 3/27 (10)
Cave 3/39 (10)
Andrew 1/16 (10)

Magical Ponies 2/181 (24.3)
Andrew 86 (64)
Williamson 30* (46)
Sutton 28* (21)

An easy 8 wicket win, but against a bot team I was annoyed at losing two wickets. Am looking forward to Cameeel whooping me in the upcoming friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.