• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An open apology to Marnus Labuschagne

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
I think he’s referring to his countenance rather than his technique.

And tbh he does look like someone out of a 1930s cigarette card packet.
His incontinence... what? He **** himself on the field? Seriously?

I do love the joys of jumping on the forum drunk.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
It wasnt a joke. I was describing how my drunk brain (attempted to) process the comment

FBU

International Debutant
Concussion substitute Labuschagne was at No. 96 in the ICC rankings before the Ashes, after playing 5 Tests. He then gained 439 points to get to No. 5 passing Root. Never seen such a rise, all down to Archer hitting Smith on the head. What a find for Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is the gift that keeps giving, that Marnus. :) His leggies are pretty awesome too. And he is one of those fielders who will take blinders but who will put down sitters. Always keeps the game interesting, does our Lovesboozekanye..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hope he bats as well as McCabe long term

Yes, you were all wrong about him so far.

He has a lot going for him in that he plays late, compared with so many other younger blokes who go hard at the ball. I feel vindicated .

You should have listened to the CW podcast at the end of the UAE tour by Aus in 2018. :p

aussie tragic

International Captain
Labuschagne now 5th in ICC rankings, only 5 points behind Pujara (Kholi, Smith Williamson top 3).

Who'd of possible thought the low 30's FC averaging batsman could have risen so high so fast in the last 6 months?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Labuschagne now 5th in ICC rankings, only 5 points behind Pujara (Kholi, Smith Williamson top 3).

Who'd of possible thought the low 30's FC averaging batsman could have risen so high so fast in the last 6 months?
Shows that the FC system is terrific. The standard.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely. I don't know who they are, but given a chance to represent the senior team, they will produce at astronomical levels. Case in point: Adam Voges.

aussie tragic

International Captain
The players stuck in Australian FC could compete against most Test sides, as has been the case for about 20 years.
Not likely when we can't find a decent opener after Burns or a 5-6 to replace Wade and Head (Patterson and Pucovski if not medically unfit)

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Not likely when we can't find a decent opener after Burns or a 5-6 to replace Wade and Head (Patterson and Pucovski if not medically unfit)
Was being a bit sarcastic, probs didn’t come across well.

Anyway, Labuschagne took the same amount of innings to get to 1000 runs as Mike Hussey.
Notable players he was faster than:
AB de Villiers
Gavaskar
Lara
Pollock
Miandad
Dravid
Hobbs
Richards
Sangakkara