• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An open apology to Marnus Labuschagne

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dear Marnus

When you first got selected in the test team, I couldn't fathom why as I didn't think your first class record deserved it and I thought you were getting gifted tests for no reason.

Turns out you're probably our best mortal batman at this time. Well done.

I will always spell your name correctly henceforth, and never refer to you as Labia or Lasagne ever again.

Yours sincerely

Red Hill

the big bambino

International Captain
I began to rethink after his modest 38 v India. He showed technique, ambition and stones. I am surprised with his success and hope this form is a revelation of his class. It would be an unexpected bonus to get a young top order player into the team. We've been searching for ages.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see this is the case. I've always felt people were unnecessarily harsh on Labu. I remember seeing him hit up a ton at the MCG for the Bulls in the first ever pink ball FC match played down here. Have always rated him since that day.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So hopefully you guys have found a no. 3 congrats. But may have an opening slot to fill the next Test. Can't totally shatter his confidence with another match against Broad.

Red

He looks like Stan McCabe, anyone else think?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
A much maligned batsman who's proved his detractors wrong. Reminds me of Henry Nicholls. Also his lefties might be useful tonight.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope he bats as well as McCabe long term

Yes, you were all wrong about him so far.

He has a lot going for him in that he plays late, compared with so many other younger blokes who go hard at the ball. I feel vindicated .

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Really big fan of this guy. Clearly has stones and the technical aspect to match.

We as CWers tend to make early assumptions/judgements on players and never adjust them...I did so on Henry Nicholls and have been proven horribly wrong time and again.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
He has learnt his game quickly after being found out in test cricket and come back a much better batsman. Still he needs to go on and score a century at some point.

TheJediBrah

He has learnt his game quickly after being found out in test cricket and come back a much better batsman. Still he needs to go on and score a century at some point.
He was found out in test cricket? In the few games he played as a reserve? How do you figure

Burgey

I think he’s referring to his countenance rather than his technique.

And tbh he does look like someone out of a 1930s cigarette card packet.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Dear Marnus

When you first got selected in the test team, I couldn't fathom why as I didn't think your first class record deserved it and I thought you were getting gifted tests for no reason.

Turns out you're probably our best mortal batman at this time. Well done.

I will always spell your name correctly henceforth, and never refer to you as Labia or Lasagne ever again.

Yours sincerely

Red Hill
Sounds like you really got yourself into a flap over Labia.

:naughty:

Red

Wonder what odds you could get on ML being our next permanent test captain?

If it's not Smith I still think it'll probably be Carey, but ML must be firming.