• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Australian XI That Never played Tests

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
An interesting and strong line-up. I initially had Holdsworth included and Hills as 12th man and had considered James Brayshaw.. I later, reluctantly, added Hartley at the expense of Darren Berry. I note the others you mention played a lot of their first class cricket in county cricket and, although I later added Bill Alley (desperate for an all-rounder) I am guilty of not delving deep enough into Australian players who played overseas. Tarrant would definitely qualify on pure statistics and was a real all-round talent. His great bowling average was boosted by playing in India and bowling on matting.
Thanks for the contribution!
Tarrant's averages for Middlesex were pretty much the same as his overall averages.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hartley was very ordinary with the bat for a long time. His last 4 or 5 years though he was probably the best Queensland batsman. Real shame he never got a game.

Kraken

International 12th Man
I had one bloke in my junior cricket side try to "Ryan Campbell scoop" every bowler we had in the nets, regardless of their speed (and we had a genuinely quick one). The ****er did it too