• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amol Muzumdar vs Jamie Siddons

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a nonsense thread here. Was wondering how people see these two stacking up against one another considering they were arguably the best two batsmen of their generation to never play in a Test match for their respective country.

vs

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Out of the 90s shield legends who never got a single test, how would we rank Siddons, Di Venuto, Cox and Hills

I feel everyone else of that calibre of above got at least one test. Maybe Jimmy Maher in that class too? But FC average of only 38 so not sure

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was Dene Hills actually any good? Jimmy Maher was a great one-day player but surely never really considered for Tests

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3 shield double tons from late '95 to early '98

Seemed he had a solid peak but weak beginning to his career hence a lowish average

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Both of them were really unlucky. While Dravid, Sachin and Laxman were immovable, Muzumdar should have got at least one chance ahead of Ganguly.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Worth keeping in mind that Ganguly had an average around 50 till 2000, only bettered by 3-4 batsmen in the world.

He became captain shortly after.

The window later on post-2005 for him to get replaced was very brief and we had a bunch of younger talent knocking at the door at the time.

a massive zebra

International Captain
I'm no expert on Indian domestic cricket so I'm no doubt talking out of my ass, but why is Muzumdar consistently rated as the best Indian batsman not to get a trial in the Test side when there were many other Indian first class players of his generation with better records who also didn't get a run? I'm thinking of the likes of Sugwekar, Bhave, Karim, Kale, Sriram etc...

Last edited: