• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amazing Aus/India Fan Interactions at Adelaide Oval

NJ44

Cricket Spectator
I recently attended a one dayer between Australia and India at the Adelaide Oval and the atmosphere, crowd, and they fantastic way in which the Aussie and Indians fans interacted blew me away.

I wrote an article about this amazing experience. So not to clog up this post, I will post the start of it and then the link the rest of the article which is on a free sports fan site called The Roar.

I hope you enjoy it and hope my article about one of the true beauties of the glorious game of cricket isn't somehow perceived as spam.

And of course, please share your thoughts.

Racial slurs, violence at sporting events, opposing groups of fans having to be segregated by tall, steel fencing; we’ve heard it before. It’s dramatic and so media love it.

However, despite what the mainstream media would have you believe, this isn’t all that’s occurring in the stands at sporting events. There may even be hope for humanity after all.

On Sunday, I attended the One Day International between Australia and India at the Adelaide Oval. As I entered the ground and made my way towards my seat directly in front of that glorious old scoreboard I noticed the staggering number of Indian fans around the ground.

(whole article: here)

Ruckus

International Captain
Such a nice article! Great to read something with a different spin on things for a change...laughed at the cucumber bit!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
really nice article mate. Glad you had fun. I personally have had very similar experiences to share about Aussie fans whenever they made it up to Chennai for matches..

NJ44

Cricket Spectator
Such a nice article! Great to read something with a different spin on things for a change...laughed at the cucumber bit!
really nice article mate. Glad you had fun. I personally have had very similar experiences to share about Aussie fans whenever they made it up to Chennai for matches..
Thanks a lot for the kind words Ruckus and honestbharani :) And its great to hear that you've had similarly great experiences honestbharani

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good article mate, makes ya feel warm inside.

Unfortunately Burgey has reported your post.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

It just became unbearable sitting next to a nut bag Indian supporter on day four in Sydney.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At what point did it become unbearable? Was it when I pulled my **** out when Kohli came in to bat?

Or the bit that happened after that?

Burgey

The bit outside the Members' Gate when you said "G'day mate, how have you been", tbh :ph34r:

hazsa19

International Regular
Not trying to **** all over your genuinely nice article or anything, but in my experience of watching international cricket, this is all pretty standard.

That's why I pay stupid prices to go to the cricket instead of watching it on the box. The same can't be said when it comes to watching football.

NJ44

Cricket Spectator
Not trying to **** all over your genuinely nice article or anything, but in my experience of watching international cricket, this is all pretty standard.

That's why I pay stupid prices to go to the cricket instead of watching it on the box. The same can't be said when it comes to watching football.

hazsa19 - thats great that its like that most places. thats whhat im saying too, only minority who arent like that or at least one hops thats the case. I'm glad to hear you say it is. I wasnt trying to say its better in Adelalaide or only like that in Adelaide. Just saying how great it was in Adelaide :) If its like that most places the freakin brilliant.

And so this post was reported? Or was that joking around?

Burgey

Jono was having a lend of you mate. I'm sure the post wasn't reported. And it certainly wasn't by me :)

NJ44

Cricket Spectator

How much do you pay there? Here cost me $35 for great seats at ODI. Not bad for 8 hours of world class entertainment.

hazsa19

International Regular

How much do you pay there? Here cost me $35 for great seats at ODI. Not bad for 8 hours of world class entertainment.
Depends where you go. At Lords days 1-3 you're looking at £100 for seats that aren't awful. But the thing about Lords is that it has the worst atmosphere in England, unless it's day 5. I went to the last day of England India last year, paid £20, and it was brilliant.

Edgbaston, Trent Bridge and Headingley are all great for crowd banter and all that you describe in your article. Could pay anything between £40 and £80 tbh.

NJ44

Cricket Spectator
Depends where you go. At Lords days 1-3 you're looking at £100 for seats that aren't awful. But the thing about Lords is that it has the worst atmosphere in England, unless it's day 5. I went to the last day of England India last year, paid £20, and it was brilliant.

Edgbaston, Trent Bridge and Headingley are all great for crowd banter and all that you describe in your article. Could pay anything between £40 and £80 tbh.
Ah ok interesting stuff. Disappointing to her about Lords atmosphere, especially seeing as its meant to be the one in ground in the world which rivals Adelaide Oval in beauty. In what way exactly is the atmosphere poor? Like lacklustre rather than actively negative?

hazsa19

International Regular
Ah ok interesting stuff. Disappointing to her about Lords atmosphere, especially seeing as its meant to be the one in ground in the world which rivals Adelaide Oval in beauty. In what way exactly is the atmosphere poor? Like lacklustre rather than actively negative?
Well, i'm sure many people love the Lords atmosphere. It's...'nice', sedate, more of a fancy picnic. I personally find it frustrating, especially when a good few thousand people are still on the Nursery ground and in their private boxes for at least an hour after lunch.

The Lords Test Match is definitely something that all cricket lovers should experience. But, i've done that, and now I would rather enjoy the party atmosphere of other grounds, even if they are in slightly less magnificent settings.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I loved Lord's day 1. There was so many great cricket discussions happening in the stands. Was eavesdropping.

I went days 4 and 5 last year and the atmosphere was completely different. Day 5 made sense since the tickets were only 20 pounds, but day 4 was only 20 pounds cheaper yet the crowd was completely different in every way.