• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Zimbabwe XI game

SeamUp

International Coach
I honestly don't know who to pick.

Moor needs to do more.

So will go with Elton too.

Not sure on A.Waller or Matsikenyeri

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Zimbabwe C XI
1 G Rennie
2 T Mawoyo
3 V Sibanda
4 C Wishart
5 D Marillier
6 E Chigumbura
7 W James+
8 G Cremer
9 T Panyangara
10 B Strang
11 T Chatara

Chiggers Chigumbura lands the final spot.

- Name Zimbabwe Cs captain

I think its fair to say that 4 Zim teams is enough.

Teuton

International Captain
Thanks for running this one NUFAN. Stark contrast with the Aus and Eng where there was normally an oversupply of contenders. Was interesting just how few players actually did something at Test level. I really had to look up even potential contenders to get some feeling as to how they performed in Tests. I feel some of the players were picked based on their exposed ODI capabilities (due to lack of competition for the spot). I wonder if they will ever reach the 'heights' of the 90s when they at least produced a couple of world class players and had a few other tough nuts that could challenge the top teams on occasion (ie Carlisle, Brandes).

edit: also voting for Cremer as C captain.

I would also like to see someone more knowledgeable than me put together an all-time Zimbabwe/Rhodesia team including pre-Test players.

Last edited:

Camo999

State 12th Man
Cremer

Thanks Nufan. Enjoyable exercise. Some great names still miss out. I like to think Mark Dekker would have opened for the Ds.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Great stuff Nufers.

Yes I'm sure Dekker, Waller, Matsikenyeri and some other diamonds in the rough would have made a 5th zim team. And I hope seamup provides us with an all time zim-Rhodesia team.

Cremer to captain.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder how many of the Old Rhodesians would make the sides.

Pretty sure at least half of Zimbabwe's AT first XI would never have actually played Tests for Zimbabwe.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Duncan Fletcher must be a certain lock. Tony Pithey would probably edge out either one of Grant Flower or Hami

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Cremer to captain obviously.

Great thread and loved it. Thanks for the efforts Nufan. Hope you will start the Bangladeshi one now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Zimbabwe C XI
1 G Rennie
2 T Mawoyo
3 V Sibanda
4 C Wishart
5 D Marillier
6 E Chigumbura
7 W James+
8 G Cremer*
9 T Panyangara
10 B Strang
11 T Chatara

Thats it for the Zim XIs. No worries bois always fun to see how the teams pan out. I hadnt really thought about it but only 7 batsman have finished with an average of 32, thats quite crazy.

I was planning on waiting a bit before doing Bangladesh, hope you dont mind my next choice which will start tomorrow.