• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time XI's

a massive zebra

International Captain
James90 said:
Bangladesh XI
1. Javed Omar
2. Athar Ali Khan
3. Aminul Islam
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Akram Khan
6. Mohammad Ashraful
7. Khaled Mashud
8. Khaled Mahmud
9. Mohammad Rafique
10. Mashrafe Mortaza
11. Tapash Baisya
I think that is a good idea of yours to pick Athar Ali Khan who was undoubtedly the most accomplished batsman Bangladesh ever produced before they were prematurely given Test status. Not sure about Akram Khan - he had his opportunity at Test level and his terrible technique (you could almost drive a bus through the gap between bat and pad) was painfully exposed. Saleh would be a far more reliable bet as far as I am concerned although his deficiencies against pace have been noted recently. Khaled Mahmud is probably the worst regular international cricketer I have ever seen, with dibbly dobbly slow mediums that are about as penetrative as my grandma's bowling, while as a batsman he is about as dangerous as Michael Kasprowicz. Not even a bits and pieces player in my book. Enamul Haque can take wickets and would be a good foil for the admirable Rafique.

a massive zebra

International Captain
archie mac said:
I must admit I would not be able to pick a Banga or Zims team off the top of my head, but good to see we have members who can. I have been writing match reports from the Banga and SL current Test series, so I at least know a few of the players now. Which player would rank as the best so far?
Habibul Bashar is their only genuine Test class batsman, having scored nearly twice as many runs as their next best player and participated in 5 of their 7 century partnerships. Without him, Bangladesh's batting would have lacked any backbone whatsoever and regularly capitulated for under 100.

Although occasionally criticised for his at times irresponsibly attacking nature and compulsive use of the hook, one can be left in no doubt that he is the only Bangladesh player who has consistently scored runs against the best and when his team has most needed it.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
a massive zebra said:
Not bad. I would drop Reid for either Taylor or Bond to improve the bowling firepower. Reid may have been a legend of early New Zealand cricket, but during his time New Zealand practically never won a match and he was a bits and pieces player really.
Taylor mabye but Bond hasnt done enough to be included in an all time NZ test team yet

And than goes for most of our early cricketers just because the wernt in a winning side that does not mean we shouldnt include them

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
cric_manic said:
All time NZ
CS Dempster
GM Turner
MP Donnelly
MD Crowe
B Sutcliffe
JR Reid*
CL Cairns
ID Smith+
RJ Hadlee
DL Vettori
J Cowie
Its impossible to make an all time XI and not leave out some greats but I would still feel Bert Sutcliffe would be difficult to leave out of any NZ XI

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
all-time Pakistan:

1. Hanif Mohammad
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Inzamam
4. Javed Miandad
5. Zaheer Abbas
6. Majid Khan
7. Imran Khan - Captain
8. Wasim Bari
9. Wasim Akram
10. Waqar Younis
11. Fazal Mahmood

12. Abdul Qadir/Saqlain/Mushtaq
Great side but you would like to balance it by including Qadir at the cost of Waqar or Fazal

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
To me West Indies has the strongest looking All-Time XI than anyone, check this out:

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Brian Lara
George Headley
Viv Richards
Sir Garry Sobers *
Jeff Dujon +
Malcolm Marshall
Wes Hall
Curtly Ambrose
Michael Holding

12th man: Lance Gibbs

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
aussie said:
To me West Indies has the strongest looking All-Time XI than anyone, check this out:

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Brian Lara
George Headley
Viv Richards
Sir Garry Sobers *
Jeff Dujon +
Malcolm Marshall
Wes Hall
Curtly Ambrose
Michael Holding
Not much spin, but if they play at the WACA, don't think you will need one :)

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
Indian Test Side

1. Sunil
2. Sehwag - better than sidhu and easily srikkanth
3. dravid
4. sachin
5. vishwanath - i know i know
6. dev
7. kirmani
8. kumble
9. srinath
10. bedi
11. prasanna

C_C

International Captain
India alltime XI :

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Mohinder Amarnath
Vinoo Mankad
Farrokh Engineer (wkt)
Kapil Dev *
Javagal Srinath
Bishen Bedi/Anil Kumble ( if its home, its Kumble, if its away, its Bedi)
Bhagwat Chandrasekhar

C_C

International Captain
English alltime XI :

Geoff Boycott
Len Hutton
Graham Gooch
Graham Thorpe
Ken Barrington
Ian Botham
Alan Knott (wkt)
Fred Trueman
Alec Bedser
Brian Statham
David Underwood/Jim Laker.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
India for me

Gavaskar
Merchant
Dravid
Hazare (Med Pace)
Tendulkar
Mankad (Left arm spin)
Kapil (Med fast)
Amar Singh (Med fast)
Kirmani
Gupte(Leg Spin)
Prasanna(Off Spin)

archie mac

International Coach
Fat 11

Grace
Milburn
Boon
Mendis
Armstrong
Ranatunga
Mynn
Botham
Marsh wk
Merv Hughes
Hemmings

I left Warney out, he has lost a lot of weight. Have I missed anyone?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Fat 11

Grace
Milburn
Boon
Mendis
Armstrong
Ranatunga
Mynn
Botham
Marsh wk
Merv Hughes
Hemmings

Umpire (Late) Saroop Kishen of India :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Who was the one that Gatting, had the run in with? He looked pretty portly on the news highlights.
That was Shakoor Rana from Pakistan.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
Fat 11

Grace
Milburn
Boon
Mendis
Armstrong
Ranatunga
Mynn
Botham
Marsh wk
Merv Hughes
Hemmings

You forgot Tubby Taylor!

archie mac

International Coach
andyc said:
You forgot Tubby Taylor!
I thought of him, but I could not leave the good Dr out and I would really like to see Milburn bat, (big hitter) so I left Tubby out :mellow:

Maybe he could be one of the commentators :)