• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

number11

U19 Captain
Ok, I'll have a go at this. I have a few rules but one absolute red line. It is impossible to compare folks from the era of uncovered wickets with those from the covered era. So I will choose 2 sides: one from 1970 to now (covered tops coming into play in the late 60s) and later one from the era before that.

Also I am picking XIs for all conditions.

Gavaskar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Younis Khan
Miandad
Sangakarra +
Imran Khan *
Kapil Dev
Wasim
Waqar
Murali

For balance I have KS keeping. Putting Dhoni in would leave me only 4 bowling options. Dev gives a bit of added flexibility.

If I chose simply the 6 best bats, a wkt and 4 best bowlers it may look slightly different.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, I'll have a go at this. I have a few rules but one absolute red line. It is impossible to compare folks from the era of uncovered wickets with those from the covered era. So I will choose 2 sides: one from 1970 to now (covered tops coming into play in the late 60s) and later one from the era before that.

Also I am picking XIs for all conditions.

Gavaskar
Dravid
Tendulkar
Younis Khan
Miandad
Sangakarra +
Imran Khan *
Kapil Dev
Wasim
Waqar
Murali

For balance I have KS keeping. Putting Dhoni in would leave me only 4 bowling options. Dev gives a bit of added flexibility.

If I chose simply the 6 best bats, a wkt and 4 best bowlers it may look slightly different.
Why is Tendulkar at #3? Surely Sanga should be there.. or if you want to keep him lower b/c he’s keeping pick the bloke who played 49 matches at #3, rather than putting the best batsman in the side in at a position he never played in his career.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gavaskar
Dravid
Younis
Sachin
Miandad
Aravinda/Kohli/Laxman
Sanga +
Imran
Wasim
Murali
Waqar

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Regardless it would be nice to give some statistical backing to an opinion without the ‘yeah nah my opinion is valid though’