• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowling average of 24.5 , Bat avg: of 36 and one of the GOAT elite all round fielders .. That for me is complete package. Being atleast 'above average' in 3 disciplines. So disagreeing with you .Again each to their own.
When did 36 become an above average batsman?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
All time ODI XI

Sachin
Dilshan
Abbas
Kohli
Shakib
Dhoni +
Imran (c)
Kapil
Wasim
Waqar
Murali
Interesting here. Now Dilshan + Shakib vs Jayasuriya + Mathews would be a good comparison. Mathews was very close top Shakib as an ODI all rounder when he was bowling and Jayasuriya is very much equivalent to Shakib as an ODI all rounder. Dilshan opening averages 45 with the bat @ 89.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowling average of 24.5 , Bat avg: of 36 and one of the GOAT elite all round fielders .. That for me is complete package. Being atleast 'above average' in 3 disciplines. So disagreeing with you .Again each to their own.
ATG >> Above average

And young Murali was as good as not if better than Jadeja on the field. Jadeja as good as he, don'r even make top 5 Asian fielders. (Mahanama, Kalpage, Chandana, Dilshan , Azhar, Solkar and possibly Tillekaratne too who was only second to Solkar in short field.)

Edit: Missed Jyasuriya too. That core group made SL in to the one of the elite fielding sides in history in late 90s.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Edit: Missed Jyasuriya too. That core group made SL in to the one of the elite fielding sides in history in late 90s.
They were the 5th best fielding side of that era behind the 4 southern hemisphere teams (Oz, SA, NZ, and Zim), which equates to good but not elite.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
ATG >> Above average

And young Murali was as good as not if better than Jadeja on the field. Jadeja as good as he, don'r even make top 5 Asian fielders. (Mahanama, Kalpage, Chandana, Dilshan , Azhar, Solkar and possibly Tillekaratne too who was only second to Solkar in short field.)

Ah but young Murali wasn’t when he was bowling his best was it?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
They were the 5th best fielding side of that era behind the 4 southern hemisphere teams (Oz, SA, NZ, and Zim), which equates to good but not elite.
Laughable. We were light years ahead of Zimbabwe in the field, and was as good or better than NZ. Almost at the level of Aus and SAF. There were matches we out firlded both these teams to the victory. 90s NZ didn't need outfielding them to beat. They were Lol.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saeed Anwar
Sanath Jayasuriya
Aravinda de Silva
Mohammad Yousuf
Salim Malik
Kumar Sangakkara (+)
Imran Khan
Wasim Akram
Chaminda Vaas
Waqar Younis
Murali

12th Man: Russel Arnold

Obviously, if I wasn't being biased towards Salim Malik for having played for Essex, I'd have Javed Miandad, Inzy or Jayawardene in there.

But I'd love to see that bowling line-up. Oh yes.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah but young Murali wasn’t when he was bowling his best was it?
Has a point. But the argument is Murali's bowling alone is valuable than Jadeja as a whole. Much valuable. Murali's fielding and batting even don't come to the equation.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sew Y U posting bout his fielding den?
Just emphasized Jadeja may be special in current era. But not special in any other way when compared to the haitorical players.

Top 5 bats ? No
Top 5 bowlers? no
Top 5 fielders? No
Top 5 AR? No

Murali at least click the bowling box.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ATG >> Above average

I love this

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Laughable. We were light years ahead of Zimbabwe in the field, and was as good or better than NZ. Almost at the level of Aus and SAF. There were matches we out firlded both these teams to the victory. 90s NZ didn't need outfielding them to beat. They were Lol.
Sorry I don't remember SL in the 1999 Super 6s. I see they were even below England in their group!

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry I don't remember SL in the 1999 Super 6s. I see they were even below England in their group!
1999 was only a single year. 1995 to end of 1999 SL vs NZ

10 matches, 2 abandoned, 1 tied, 1 lost, won 6. Win:loss ratio 6:1.

That is proper thrashing.