• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajinkya Rahane vs Kane Williamson in away matches. Who is better ?

Frost

U19 Debutant
Why even bother playing Tests at home if it does nothing for your legacy?
It's just another breakdown of stats people use to fit their narrative, just like runs/wickets against Bangladesh/west indies arnt worth the same as against England despite the fact that the former two are actually a more difficult prospect currently. India can't win in nz but nz can't win in Australia so that means saf are the best team currently? Idk

Xix2565

International Debutant
Visiting batters usually struggle vs Yasir Shah in the UAE, but Williamson has done superbly there and was the best batter in the WTC final.
That's besides the point for me. We can get into matchups and quality of opposition afterwards lol.

cnerd123

likes this
Neutral matches arent an 'away' game because both teams are 'away' and so the inherent advantage/disadvantages are cancelled out. Hence the term neutral.

Put KW in a difficult situation and he crumbles. Great home track bully and loves scoring runs when the pressure is off, but that just keeps him as an ATVG player. I think even noted HTBs like Sehwag and Samaraweera have better away records than KW.

Doesn't help that KW finds ways to avoid playing overseas as well. Injuries, weak colon, covid. Man struggles so much away from home he can't even get on the park.

Shady Slim

International Coach
In all seriousness, the averages are pretty close but they can be a bit misleading.

If you remove the minnows, Williamsons away average drops to about 34, while Rahane stays around 40. So Rahane is undoubtedly better just because he’s a lot more valuable against the top teams.
the op is weak bait but this is kinda funny i'll pay this one tbh