• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ai ads

Shady Slim

International Coach
i understand that ad revenue is important to keep the site running. i'd like to draw attention to these ads
1709248692756.png
respectfully, aside from the horrible grammar and spelling etc, this is just defamation. it's concerning that these ads are being run on that level because they open the forum up to consequences if one day one celebrity the subject of these ads decides to take aim at those who platform them. they also just look crap and make the forum look unserious, i would say, to people who come visit. inb4 someone says get adblock, i'm on my work computer. but yeah, just want to raise this.

James

Cricket Web Owner
i understand that ad revenue is important to keep the site running. i'd like to draw attention to these ads
View attachment 39434
respectfully, aside from the horrible grammar and spelling etc, this is just defamation. it's concerning that these ads are being run on that level because they open the forum up to consequences if one day one celebrity the subject of these ads decides to take aim at those who platform them. they also just look crap and make the forum look unserious, i would say, to people who come visit. inb4 someone says get adblock, i'm on my work computer. but yeah, just want to raise this.
If you see it again, could you please PM me the URL and I'll email it off to get it blocked ?

Ali TT

International Debutant
Aren't the ads we see a result of our personal internet usage? Most of the ones I see are trying to flog me sports gear and the dehumidifier I bought 3 months ago

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wonder if CW could use a "mere conduit" type defence. That used to be a thing over here. No idea if it still flies.