• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi Suspended

V Reddy

International Debutant
I heard in a channel here that Afridi will not be picked for Sharjah Cup because he used very very bad language against Sachin,Sehwag and David Shephard in India-Pak match. I also heard that the ICC submitted proof against him to the PCB. He deserves every bit of it:!( :!(

yohanna

Banned
Looks to me like PCB took the advantage of the situation to get rid of Afridi, its quite possible that we won't see Afridi again in an international match, which would be good for us!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
yohanna said:
Looks to me like PCB took the advantage of the situation to get rid of Afridi, its quite possible that we won't see Afridi again in an international match, which would be good for us!
Not if anyone tried to actually teach him. He looks a good player when he doesn't try for 6s all the time, I remember one whirlwind 50 when England went over to Pakistan, the only 6 he hit was a very good pull shot. He's turned from a strong front-foot driver into a back-foot or down the pitch slogger in the 2 years after I saw him play for the 1st time.

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
Not if anyone tried to actually teach him. He looks a good player when he doesn't try for 6s all the time, I remember one whirlwind 50 when England went over to Pakistan, the only 6 he hit was a very good pull shot. He's turned from a strong front-foot driver into a back-foot or down the pitch slogger in the 2 years after I saw him play for the 1st time.
Well, I'm sure there are many people trying to actually teach him. The thing is, he may not be learning.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well, I'm sure there are many people trying to actually teach him. The thing is, he may not be learning.
Well I haven't heard of anyone trying...

krkode

State Captain
Well, do such things make the headlines in places like England? I doubt they'd even make the headlines in Pakistan. "NEWSFLASH: Afridi starts learning to BAT!" :P

The fact is, there's a coach and there are a hec load of good batsmen on that team, so he could constantly be learning.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well, do such things make the headlines in places like England? I doubt they'd even make the headlines in Pakistan. "NEWSFLASH: Afridi starts learning to BAT!" :P

The fact is, there's a coach and there are a hec load of good batsmen on that team, so he could constantly be learning.
I read a lot of news from round the world, that's the beuty of the internet...

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
I read a lot of news from round the world, that's the beuty of the internet...
Well I still don't see how Afridi getting some batting training could make the news anywhere. It's like stating the obvious. A player in an international cricket team is expected to have/or be trained sometime :P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well I still don't see how Afridi getting some batting training could make the news anywhere. It's like stating the obvious. A player in an international cricket team is expected to have/or be trained sometime :P
Your forgetting how disorganised Pakistan are. Inzi went for years without taking part in fielding drills. They are a bunch of talented players who quite often play for themselves rather than for the team. If Afridi had any help then it would show, several times I was told off for slogging in the nets and now I usually play lofted strokes or drives rather than slogs. I was told if I slogged I wouldn't get picked, I have seen no proof that they have even tried with him.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Why did he need to bother? He often seemed to be injured when Pakistan were in the field...
The same trick used to be used by teams who would take their big fast bowlers off the field once they had finished their spells in ODers so they could put a more agile fielder on in their place. The difference is that Inzi is neither fast or a bowler :rolleyes:

krkode

State Captain
But if I remember, Inzi is a pretty good slip fielder.

But that last game against India he was so demoralized, there were a couple of times where he didn't even bother to lunge at the ball...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
But if I remember, Inzi is a pretty good slip fielder.

But that last game against India he was so demoralized, there were a couple of times where he didn't even bother to lunge at the ball...
In ODIs he's a boundary rider when he's actually on the field...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
6 years of international cricket and he still doesn't have a clue what he is doing wrong......come on, he has to be a real slow-top(maybe he is) not to iron out some of his flaws. When the Pak players are in form and are united as a team, it might make some sense to carry(because that's what it effectively is to include such a high-risk player) him in certain conditions(subcontinent, Sharjah....) against certain oppositions(not the stronger ones certainly), but he really hasn't done anything to justify a regular place even in the one day side and certainly not in a struggling side.