• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL trivia thread...

cameeel

International Captain
To keep things going, what was tragic about the 1976 GF?
So far as I recall, the captain (Peter something?) who had missed the previous year's GF was either injured or deceased just before the grand final

EDIT: I just remembered, it was Peter Crimmins, and I think it was cancer that forced him out of the game. He died not long afterwards IIRC.

cameeel

International Captain
If above is correct.

Who was the first winner of the Norm Smith medal to play on the losing team, and what else was significant about the medallist?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who was the rising star in 2000? & What number draft pick was he?

(for those of us with very limited knowledge previous to 95/95 :p)

pasag

RTDAS
:mellow: actually heard something about this the other day on SEN.... gah, something about the Hawthorn captain dying 1/2 weeks after the Final?
So far as I recall, the captain (Peter something?) who had missed the previous year's GF was either injured or deceased just before the grand final

EDIT: I just remembered, it was Peter Crimmins, and I think it was cancer that forced him out of the game. He died not long afterwards IIRC.
Died three days after Hawks won the flag.

pasag

RTDAS
If noone minds.

How many games was Greg Williams suspended for initially after pushing an umpire in Round 1 1997.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha wow I totally forgot that game, for some reason I remembered Melbourne winning by a point, but just going over the archives that's correct. I was thinking Essendon vs. Carlton, but the Melb vs. Geelong one happened in rnd 21.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha.

What was the first name of the eldest Houlihan brother, what club did he play for, and what number did he wear?