• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

acc on xp

crazyeight

Cricket Spectator
just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get small fonts onto windows xp so that u can play acc? ive been hanging to play this game again and with the new aussie season starting and i just noticed that there is an updated databae for download i would love to get it out again....please someone help me..

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I have ACC and I could never figure it out either. So now I have XP and ME installed. I just use ME for ACC.

So if that is possible you could try that. Doesn't have to be ME, could use 98.

Hosko

Cricket Spectator
If anyone can has worked this problem out it would be a big help to me! I want to start playing the game again but have come across this problem, which is really annoying, especially as Empire Interactive dont even seem to acknowledge the game exists so i cant send a support form to them about it.
And using a previous OS isnt an opion either

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yes please, someone find a way! I've had ACC sitting here for months.. I want to play it! Dammit.

godonnygo

Cricket Spectator
I used to have Win 98 SE on this computer, then I did an upgrade to XP Pro off the XP disc. ACC still works fine on this computer with XP despite the Screen fonts appearing as "normal" under my settings.

However Ive had this problem with another computer with XP that can't handle ACC, or FIFA 98 (those are the only games that work on that computer since its from about '98). The only solution is to install Win 98 on another disk drive, I think. I would recommend to anyone with 98 to not upgrade to XP, I regret doing it. XP has so many bugs, and treats you like an idiot.

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I would say XP is far far better than any previous Windows.
yeah it is but it's also jam packed with a **** load of useless background services that should be turnt off...

It can be a big resource hogg..