• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB vs AB

Who is the one true AB?

• Total voters

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Let's settle this once and for all. Expecting burgey to weigh in heavily here.

It's tough to judge because AB is still playing, and AB has been retired for quite some time now, and there's a chance AB's career might have a downturn - or hit even loftier heights.

AB is sublime in all formats, kept wicket for a lot of his career which often affects output for batsmen, while AB faced some seriously ATG bowlers and was a shining light in a team of ****.

So who is the OTAB?

Victor Ian

International Coach
Abraham De Villiers
Initialed by way of culture.
Played when batsmen dominated.
Credited with being great at everything - an urban myth - fans need to make him better than he is.

Allan Border
Initialed by way of greatness
Played when bowlers dominated.
Only credited with what he did. Needs no false applause.

but most of all, this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX5UGJGhVIo

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, genuinely tough one. In terms of quality player, Border, but I find AB Agarkar to be supremely entertaining, so he just gets my vote.

listento_me

U19 Captain
ABD of course.

Border was an accumulator of mediocre runs, De Villiers was a go getter and a great in every format.

The other ABs are inconsequential and I'd bowl them out with my 75mph yorkers.

Amateurs.

Victor Ian

International Coach
seriously.....is that ad' the best ever made by a cricketer? It even has fat cat in it, another legend of cricket. Compare that with all these nobs doing 'yeah yeah' hair advertisements

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
AB means AB De Villiers, the sorcerer supreme of all sport. But only coz our Lord and Savior decided to go by AA than use initials that were once used to point at a bitter Aussie batsman. :p

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AB means AB De Villiers, the sorcerer supreme of all sport. But only coz our Lord and Savior decided to go by AA than use initials that were once used to point at a bitter Aussie batsman. :p
I actuallyhave no idea wtf you're saying here mate,but its late and I'm ****ing exhausted because I actually made some runs today for the first time since my comeback and I can't think straight.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actuallyhave no idea wtf you're saying here mate,but its late and I'm ****ing exhausted because I actually made some runs today for the first time since my comeback and I can't think straight.

I wished you were more annoyed by the post than that, tbh, but I will take it. :p