• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A proposal...

Would you be interested in a new league?

• Unlikely, would need more info

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DJellett

International Debutant
Having recently suffered a serious injury, I am spending the majority of my days bedridden. Given this abundance of spare time, I have returned to CW - and have been disheartened by the lack of an active pbem league. This CWPL looks to have ground to a halt (judging by the most recent postings) and I believe an active fantasy league is a vibrant, competitive and key component of forum life.

The moral of the story is I have nothing but time, and an interest in running this sort of competition.

My proposal is thus; to institute and administrate a new pbem forum league. This will provide both an exciting prospect for CW'ers, and give me something to occupy my mind with.

I believe such a game runs best when the players have an input into the structure of the competition. Based on this I have designed a couple of models with which to run the league, from which forumites may select a preference.

The first point of order, however, is to determine interest in such a prospect so that I may fine-tune the models according to demand. Obviously with so little divulged thus far, you may be a little unsure of what exactly you are registering interest for. Because of this, rest assured that any expression of interest at this point is not a steadfast commitment; once the level of interest is ascertained and the models adjusted accordingly, registration will commence. Forumites who have registered an initial interest will be given priority on franchises at this later stage.

Would you be interested in participating in a new forum-based PBeM game?
Do you have anything else you would like to add/suggest?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm still perfectly ready to run this if people are interested, but I doubt they are and I really do need the ****ing database if I'm going to.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** the database, just give them a rating you think is fair. I for one trust your judgement, Spark.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dat database.
I think I'll just abandon trying to incorporate strike rates and economy rates into it all; I could have the database ready in a couple of hours if I gave up on that. It frustrated me to the point of disinterest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No harm in DJellett running his own thing as well though. Should probably find a different subforum to squat in but yeah, I'd be keen in joining it myself.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think I'll just abandon trying to incorporate strike rates and economy rates into it all; I could have the database ready in a couple of hours if I gave up on that. It frustrated me to the point of disinterest.
Yeah bin it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
When would the database be updated to?

If its too much further than the draft, would it be worth allowing each team to replace a few (maybe 4 max.) players that they don't want any more?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When would the database be updated to?

If its too much further than the draft, would it be worth allowing each team to replace a few (maybe 4 max.) players that they don't want any more?
I can do whatever you like with that; either have it updated to when the draft ended or now to make it seem less dated. I prefer the second option but the squads may be slightly out as a result I guess. Minor adjustments in averages are automatic, I don't have to touch a thing for that - the annoying part is giving everyone a batting position, bowling type, fielding rating etc etc manually.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bin SRs and economies. Update to now. Send me it and I'll do batting positions etc as I have with the ATG.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think three months will make *that* much difference tbh (unless you're Hashim Amla, I guess). A bigger problem are the people who cbf now.

DJellett

International Debutant
If this were to kick back into gear I would not seek to rival it; I merely think these kind of games add a bit of fun to the forum, and a resurrection of an already established community is a perfect outcome.

DJellett

International Debutant
I'd also be one interested in participating in the game, if an opputunity were to present itself.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm sure there'll be plenty of teams available to take over.

Just need that database...