• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Perfect 10

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I simply don't see the point someone coming onto a World Cup forum to slag the World Cup off. It's juvenile, it's pathetic, it's stooopid

And then I make a sarky comment about how the AFL WC was probably contested by Australia and some randomer like the Cook Islands and you call me a poor human being. Unnecessary if you ask me.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I simply don't see the point someone coming onto a World Cup forum to slag the World Cup off. It's juvenile, it's pathetic, it's stooopid

And then I make a sarky comment about how the AFL WC was probably contested by Australia and some randomer like the Cook Islands and you call me a poor human being. Unnecessary if you ask me.
I was implying you're a poor human being for knowing anything about AFL, as in, you're poorer for it.

By the time Comic Book Guy got to it, it was blown out of proportion.

This thread was made by someone who isn't a great fan of the sport, and like him and you, Buddhmaster was entitled to his opinion on the sport. What's juvenile is you telling him to **** off simply because he doesn't support your thoughts on the topic.

Matt79

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
That would probably the most accurate thing you've posted all week if the normal inhabitant of cyberspace was as intellectually stimulating and adult as yourself, but luckily the others have managed to drag the average IQ above single digits.

Say hello to the ignore list, population you.
Don't leave Eddie - then the apparent average age, and IQ, in what remains of this once-decent thread will be in the single digits.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
benchmark00 said:
I was implying you're a poor human being for knowing anything about AFL, as in, you're poorer for it.

By the time Comic Book Guy got to it, it was blown out of proportion.

This thread was made by someone who isn't a great fan of the sport, and like him and you, Buddhmaster was entitled to his opinion on the sport. What's juvenile is you telling him to **** off simply because he doesn't support your thoughts on the topic.
Archie had a constructive opinion of the game, stating what he doesn't like about it

Buddhmaster just decided to announce that the whole sport is a waste of time, and I never told him to **** off, I told him to jog on :) English football fans may understand :)

If he doesn't have any time for the sport, and offers nothing constructive, he's wasting his time posting and my time reading his post. Simple as.

benchmark00

I have more intelligence in my stapes, than that cheap shot taking guy has in his giant body. I simply choose not to convey this on an internet forum, so leave the generalisations and judgements at the door.

benchmark00

GeraintIsMyHero said:
Archie had a constructive opinion of the game, stating what he doesn't like about it

Buddhmaster just decided to announce that the whole sport is a waste of time, and I never told him to **** off, I told him to jog on :) English football fans may understand :)

If he doesn't have any time for the sport, and offers nothing constructive, he's wasting his time posting and my time reading his post. Simple as.
His opinion alone adds to the discussion, whether you agree or not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I feel it subtracts from the discussion - the way this thread has gone is proof of that. Enough said.

Cloete

International Captain
age_master said:
More people use internet explorer as a web browser, does that make it any less crap?
:laugh:

You missed the point entirely. Like I said, I was simply pointing out the global appeal of the game rather than calling it crap. You probably should have read the other posts before...

benchmark00

burkey_1988 said:
So what's the point of highlighitng the fact it doesn't have global appeal?
Exactly. It's like me calling Rugby League crap because it doesn't have national appeal over here.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:

In my opinion, soccer is a boring, tedious sport to watch. But just because I feel this way doesn't mean i'm gonna completely ignore the hype of the world's biggest event.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt79 said:
Don't leave Eddie - then the apparent average age, and IQ, in what remains of this once-decent thread will be in the single digits.
You do realise that you're paying yourself out?...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Buddhmaster said:
In my opinion, soccer is a boring, tedious sport to watch. But just because I feel this way doesn't mean i'm gonna completely ignore the hype of the world's biggest event.
I find Big Brother boring and tedious. But the rest of the nation seems hooked, I just ignore it and don't get involved. If you find something THAT boring, what's the point getting involved however big it is?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I find Big Brother boring and tedious. But the rest of the nation seems hooked, I just ignore it and don't get involved. If you find something THAT boring, what's the point getting involved however big it is?
I enjoy the event, not the game. I really only care about the Aussies, and was in this forum to express my happiness that they won. Then I saw this thread and added my two cents.