• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie mac

International Coach
Essendon V Collingwood
Port Adelaide V St Kilda
Richmond V West Coast
Sydney V Melbourne
Carlton V Brisbane
Geelong V Kangaroos
Hawthorn V Bulldogs
Fremantle V Adelaide

oz_fan

International Regular
Essendon V Collingwood
Port Adelaide V St Kilda
Richmond V West Coast
Sydney V Melbourne
Carlton V Brisbane
Geelong V Kangaroos
Hawthorn V Bulldogs
Fremantle V Adelaide

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jeez, its only quarter time, but how much have the rules changes of the last couple of years totally ruined footy? The holding-the-ball rule that penalises players for trying to take possession of the ball is a shocker but the push-in-the-back rule that forbids ANY contact whatsoever is just friggin ridiculous. It's not just that Clement keeps getting pinged, I've complained about this before (although obviously its more annoying when its against your own team). What's the problem with the game being a contact sport? Are defenders pretty much shot dogs in todays brave new AFL? It annoys me so much, I'm finding myself less and less interested in watching the games these days. :mad: :blowup:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to agree. Makes it worse for defenders when soft****s like Lloyd are the fowards and will dive like a push in the back if a defender comes within 1 metre of him.

Matt79

Global Moderator
****! Burns should have snapped Davey in half then, not dropped off him like a wet rag. He's a fair player Davey, if he doesn't get himself killed be trying to be clever and not seeing the charging defender in the mean time.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah I agree, but something has to be done to prevent players going down like flies, which they have been since the mid to late 90s. In the old days biffs and bumps were acceptable and the best part of the game but there was a much lower injury level. These days the wind changes and 5 people need knee-reconstructions. There obviously has to be a balance here.

pasag

RTDAS
You've gotta hate it when teams stop playing 5 minutes before the end, especially in a relatively close game. Good win for Collingwood though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Good win there for the Pies. They played well in the end, despite not being able to kick for ****. Cloke is a funny one, he presents well and can take a mark and make a second effort, but he can't kick for peanuts.

Heath Shaw is a fair gun and makes a good speech too I thought!

Matt79

Global Moderator
You've gotta hate it when teams stop playing 5 minutes before the end, especially in a relatively close game. Good win for Collingwood though.
Probably a bit harsh on Essendon, given the four day turn around for them. And they were up against the very best you know...

pasag

RTDAS
Probably a bit harsh on Essendon, given the four day turn around for them. And they were up against the very best you know...
Nah was talking about the fact Collingwood played keepings off in their back line for the last few minutes. Unless you knew that and were joking, in which case - :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sometime its annoying, but it was more like 3 minutes and we were 3 goals up, so it didn't bother me too much. When team start doing it from 10 minutes out, or when only a goal or so up, that's wrong.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It gets annoying, but when a team is 3 goals ahead, 3 minutes in front, i'd probably prefer they'd kick it around the backline than attempt to bomb it into a packed foward line and risk an injury....

pasag

RTDAS
IIRC, in the Sirengate match Freo started running down the clock about 10-12 minutes before the end, and they got screwed over with St Kilda getting to within one point in the end (would have drawn it obv if the AFL didnt overrule it). Was so happy Freo got ****ed so to speak for using those tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.