• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024 Ranking of Bowlers Poll

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
In 2022 we had two separate polls to determine the Top 40 Pace men and the Top 30 spinners.
The results are readily available but there are obvious anomalies. For instance Barnes and Bedser, two excellent bowlers, missed out simply because they weren't regarded as true quicks. In addition, current players such as Cummins, Bumrah, Ashwin etc may be more highly regarded than they were 2 years ago.

To conduct this poll I will ask CW members to nominate 3 players on a 3,2,1 basis to determine the first 3 on our new ranking list. I will allow 3 or 4 days for voting and then declare the first 3 positions. Following that the process will be repeated to determine the next 3 spots. This will continue until a Top 50 is established.

Any questions? If not, I'll declare the poll open in a few hours from now.

bagapath

International Captain
Pacers:

1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Sir Richard Hadlee
3. Sydney Barnes

Spinners:

1. Shane Warne
2. Bill O'Reilley
3. Mutthiah Muralidaran

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
In 2022 we had two separate polls to determine the Top 40 Pace men and the Top 30 spinners.
The results are readily available but there are obvious anomalies. For instance Barnes and Bedser, two excellent bowlers, missed out simply because they weren't regarded as true quicks. In addition, current players such as Cummins, Bumrah, Ashwin etc may be more highly regarded than they were 2 years ago.

To conduct this poll I will ask CW members to nominate 3 players on a 3,2,1 basis to determine the first 3 on our new ranking list. I will allow 3 or 4 days for voting and then declare the first 3 positions. Following that the process will be repeated to determine the next 3 spots. This will continue until a Top 50 is established.

Any questions? If not, I'll declare the poll open in a few hours from now.
Won’t this end with a Top 51?!