• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England v Ireland Test

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Starts Thursday. Four-day match at Lord's.

England have named their team already, I guess that's how seriously they're taking this

England XI vs Ireland: 1 Zak Crawley, 2 Ben Duckett, 3 Ollie Pope, 4 Joe Root, 5 Harry Brook, 6 Ben Stokes (capt), 7 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Matthew Potts, 10 Josh Tongue, 11 Jack Leach.

Ireland squad: Andy Balbirnie (c); James McCollum, Peter Moor (wk), Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker (wk); Curtis Campher, George Dockrell; Mark Adair, Matthew Foster, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume, Thomas Mayes, Andy McBrine, Craig Young

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tongue and Potts selected ahead of Woakes is a disgrace. I can totally see one of them picking up a bag against Ireland and cementing further selection too.
Giving it the kindest interpretation possible, maybe they just feel like they know what they'll get from Woakes and it's a useful opportunity to develop further bench strength - not necessarily an indication that they're ahead of him in the Ashes pecking order.

But Woakes is just coming back from injury, I think he really could have benefited from the run in getting some overs under his belt. He definitely doesn't need a rest.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I am torn tbh. Not sure if I want Tongue to fail here, or want him to go well enough that he gets picked and stinks the place up in the Ashes

Genuinely unsure

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame little isn't playing this. Ireland have a suprisingly good red ball middle order, tector-stirlo-tucker-campher at 4-5-6-7 with batting depth in adair and the likes at 8 and lower is really solid. Give them murtagh and little and there seam bowling is also really solid, there's enough seam bowling and batting in:

1.?
2.?
3.Balbarine
4.Tector
5.Stirlo
6.Tucker
7.Campher
8.Adair
9.Mcbrine?
10.murtagh
11.Little

to give england a genuine scare.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I am torn tbh. Not sure if I want Tongue to fail here, or want him to go well enough that he gets picked and stinks the place up in the Ashes

Genuinely unsure
Pray he does something randomly bazballish with th bat so his inadequacy with the ball is overlooked.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It's a shame little isn't playing this. Ireland have a suprisingly good red ball middle order, tector-stirlo-tucker-campher at 4-5-6-7 with batting depth in adair and the likes at 8 and lower is really solid. Give them murtagh and little and there seam bowling is also really solid, there's enough seam bowling and batting in:

1.?
2.?
3.Balbarine
4.Tector
5.Stirlo
6.Tucker
7.Campher
8.Adair
9.Mcbrine?
10.murtagh
11.Little

to give england a genuine scare.