• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It looks like a lot of fun, am keen to see it.

What is fascinating is the casting - Sandeep Patil, Malcolm Marshall and Gordon Greenidge are all played by their real-life sons, while Joel Garner is played by Jason Lloyd (Clive's son) and Larry Gomes is played by Tagenerine Chanderpaul!

And just to make it all very meta - Mohinder Amarnath is played by Saqib Saleem, but his father Lala Amarnath is played by...Mohinder Amarnath.
And, unless I'm mistaken, that's the real Kapil Dev making a cameo appearance to catch one of 'his' sixes in the crowd during the 175 innings against Zimbabwe. And yes, I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Finished watching it last night, I must say I quite enjoyed it. Thought the production values were very good and they got the bowling actions etc pretty spot on.

Some of it was a bit cringe but that's probably because I miss some of the cultural nuances etc, not being an Indian.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Definite cringe moments thrown in there but surprisingly lesser than I actually thought there wud be. And you gotta realize the struggle of these guys who were really not professional cricketers and even those who were, were makng so little from the game. The thing that happened with Sandhu tended to happen to most players who were not the top 5 or 8 in India.