• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nikhil99.94

School Boy/Girl Captain
This looks fun.

It's out on 24 December.
Looks really good.hope the movie doesn’t disappoint than my expectation that I have atm.Would be interesting to see how the movie will show the emotion that we had in India in 1983 World Cup and in final.

srbhkshk

International Captain
idk, hope I am wrong but at least from the trailer it looketh like they are using cheesy nationalism to pepper over poor writing.

cnerd123

likes this
idk, hope I am wrong but at least from the trailer it looketh like they are using cheesy nationalism to pepper over poor writing.
yea but you could say that about most bollywood films

I just hope the cricket scenes are legit. There was a movie with Rani Mukherjee in it where the actual cricket was awful. The one about the blind kid wasn't too bad.

Nikhil99.94

School Boy/Girl Captain
yea but you could say that about most bollywood films

I just hope the cricket scenes are legit. There was a movie with Rani Mukherjee in it where the actual cricket was awful. The one about the blind kid wasn't too bad.
I remember watching the bodyline mini series in 1980s.It was released by Australia.At the time I made larwood a villain.I thought all of it was true.Hope that it’s not the same in this movie.If it shows the event that never happened,it will be truly disappointment.Little exaggeration is fine but Over exaggeration or showing the events that never happened will make the movie really bad.Tbh beating eng in sf made the World Cup win so so great.In those days times were totally different than now.Beating England in World Cup in sf in England was as big a moment as winning the World Cup.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Tbh beating eng in sf made the World Cup win so so great.In those days times were totally different than now.Beating England in World Cup in sf in England was as big a moment as winning the World Cup.
someone important in india wanted a ticket to watch the final but was insulted instead

so over the next few years, india joined hands with australia to take world cups out of eng and introduced the wc host rotation system that had a **** load of business, politics and intrigue

now THAT is the movie i want to really watch

Nikhil99.94

School Boy/Girl Captain
someone important in india wanted a ticket to watch the final but was insulted instead

so over the next few years, india joined hands with australia to take world cups out of eng and introduced the wc host rotation system that had a **** load of business, politics and intrigue

now THAT is the movie i want to really watch
Won’t be surprised if someone decides to make such movie after some years.The Rise of Indian cricket will be a good movie title.