• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at Hobart - 14-19 Jan 2022

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't really watched all day, just saw the replay of the wickets. Man the Head + Smith wickets were terrible (Boland not great either but more forgiveable from a tailender).

Still doing a fair but because of this collapse England will at least be able to start in daylight.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Classic double bluff according to the commentators - Cummins was looking out for the short ball, so instead of bluffing and bowling a yorker Wood double bluffed with the classic bouncer aimed at the toes.
This is approaching figuratively/literally in commentary circles. I wonder if it started with a commentator getting it confused with the “2 card trick” expression.

TheJediBrah

I love it when Test cricketers do something bad that I could do so much better myself ie. bad fielding

Spark

Global Moderator
Haven't really watched all day, just saw the replay of the wickets. Man the Head + Smith wickets were terrible (Boland not great either but more forgiveable from a tailender).

Still doing a fair but because of this collapse England will at least be able to start in daylight.
not exactly bright sunshine out there rn

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
About as marginal as they get with that no ball call. Probably fair to give the bod to the barsman.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Don't rub it, don't rub it, don't rub it - don't show PAIN"

me when i whack off

TheJediBrah

Not sure what Patty is trying to achieve by playing this way. He's either just going to get out or get really hurt.

As I say that he ducks one, that's better