• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 best current test Batsmen?

thatoneguy

Cricket Spectator
in your opinion who are the 5 current best test batsmen, there are two locks in ABD and Sanga but who else, mine would be:
ABD
Sanga
McCullum
S. Smith or Warner
Amla

This would be my 5 in any order.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular
AB
Amla
Warner
Williamson
Sanga
Kohli (just to satisfy Jono)

Not in order.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
sanga, amla, abdv, younis, warner/smith/kohli/williamson/idgaf though i have clarke in there if fit

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AB
Sanga
Amla
McCullum
Warner

5th one is hard, could be Kohli, Smith or Williamson tbh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
AB
Amla
Sangakarra
Steve Smith
Younis Khan

I am not big on Chanderpaul. I don't like how he always comes in at 5 and is just playing to save the team and a not out realistically. I am loving how Steve Smith is developing. I am big on Kane Williamson as well. I would have had him in the top 5 but it would be insane to not have Younis Khan in there given his recent performances. Kohli, I will wait for a bit. The England series was an anomaly maybe but it was a really terrible series for him. Maybe in a year, with more consistent test performances, I will have him there. Kohli's reach is spectacular. Where people can just about leave a ball, he can comfortably play shots without stretching himself much.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
AB has been developing into the superstar of our generation. If he was an Indian, he would have been hailed as the new Tendulkar already. AB is such a star.