• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Sydney (?) - Jan 5-9 2022

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'd seriously love for Australia to play hard cricket by sucking it up and playing with ****s you don't like rather than being weak ****s who can only play with players they like. **** ****s should be dropped, always.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
SOK possibly the best example. Averaged sub-25 as a spinner in the Shield when everyone else averaged 40+, and about 10 of them got a chance in the Test side before he did. He is a massive tool though tbf

Hodge was at least as good as half the batsmen when he played, and he was dropped 1 game after making an unbeaten 200. Definitely a lot more to it than just "he wasn't good enough"
SOK should have just put the drinks down for a bit

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Martyn was out of the side for what, 7 years? And then got dropped after the 2005 Ashes again for no real reason. There's a reason his nickname was "scapegoat".

Hodge really should have played more than he did and was dumped unfairly. Was definitely dumped because someone in the setup didn't like him.

Maxwell never got a run in tests at all. Compare his treatment to Harris' treatment for example.
Martyn is lucky he ever got picked again after his shot vs SA in 93/94. Hodge wasn’t better than the blokes ahead of him up to about 09/10 and let’s be honest, he’s a monumental flog

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Martyn is lucky he ever got picked again after his shot vs SA in 93/94. Hodge wasn’t better than the blokes ahead of him up to about 09/10 and let’s be honest, he’s a monumental flog
tbf I wouldn't want a 5'6 manlet around the squad if we were hitting up social events, especially with Langer already there. Scare any decent birds away the moment we entered the club, something I'm sure Damien Martyn for one would be very concerned with.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless I've missed one, that was the last Ashes Test in Australia to have a captivating last day resolution since Adelaide 2006.

Just shows as contests how poor they've been in Australia for so long.
I mean it wasn't nearly as close, but there was one two Tests ago.