• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Australian Bowler for 1st Test

Who should be the 4th bowler

• Staurt MacGill

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Nathan Bracken

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Staurt Clark

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Mitchell Johnson

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Jason Gillespe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Tait

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane Watson

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Mike Lewis

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I voted for Mitchell Johnson, but for the other tests I would have Stuart MacGill. Also, I think Shane Watson will be the 5th bowling option and bat at #6.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Watson doesn't really apply to this poll, as he won't be picked as a bowler.

I'd go for Johnson at Brisbane and the MCG, with MacGill at Adelaide, Perth and Sydney.

Dravid

International Captain
Despite how good Johnson is proving to be, I think Australia would want to go with two spinner in their attack so I voted for MacGill.

oz_fan

International Regular
I think they should give Johnson a go at the Gabba but definately go with MacGill in Sydney, Adelaide and Perth.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I voted for Johnson because I'd like to see him get a go. I think in reality it will come down to Bracken or Clark, both of whom won't do as good a job as MacGill.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I'd go with Johnson, but I'd give MacGill a go in at least Sydney, if not also other venues.

Part of the reason is because I wouldn't pick Watson because I think he's rubbish. :p

tooextracool

International Coach
Id pick Macgill with Watson to be honest. Macgill IMO is a better bowler than Bracken and Clark combined and Johnson still needs to prove himself a little bit more. Id have Watson because he deserves a run in the test side for his batting, and while his bowling isnt great, he would certainly be a decent option if Brisbane or on of the other pitches ends up being a seamer's paradise. Well better than not having a third seamer at all.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Damn, I'd change my vote to Tait after today's display. 3-12 at one point, and should have been 4-12 (Giles was SO plumb). Admittedly the Poms were having their first hit out of the tour, but in conditions that didn't assist swing at all, he made their openers and captain look like gooses. For the psych factor alone has to be seriously considered - nothing like comprehensively beating the opposition captain to knock out his middle stump!