• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4 & 5

Top 2 choices

• Sachin Tendulkar

• Viv Richards

• Brian Lara

• Steve Smith

• Wally Hammond

• Greg Chappell

• Jacques Kallis

• George Headley

• Graeme Pollock

• Rickey Ponting

Results are only viewable after voting.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So Bradman is locked in at 3 and Sobers has the 6 spot sewn up.
But what is the best combination for 4 and 5. Is Sachin equally a lock for 4 and it's just about the no. 5 slot?
And with only Sobers as an ATG slip fielder, does that have to factor in to the decision, and is that enough to push a Lara, Smith or Kallis into the mix along with or above Sachin?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lara at 4, Smith at 5.

With Bradman at 3 and Sobers at 6 this gives a left/ right combination all the way down. Smith has earned his place over the others and Lara is my favourite of the rest.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've got Tendulkar and Smith down but not fussed if Viv or Lara play there instead.

sunilz

International Regular
In what world is Greg Chappell better test bat than Kohli ?

The guy has grand total of 500 runs in Asia and even those runs were scored when neither Imran nor Qadir played after seeing extremely flat pitch.

Greg Chappell is bowling Equivalent of Ravindra Jadeja.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis and Sobers at 5 and 6 will be awesome. Gilchrist at 7, Imran at 8 and Akram at 9, Warne/Murali at 10 and Mcgrath at 11. Will have great depth in both batting and bowling without any loss in value. A top 4 of Hobbs Hutton Don and Sachin can take care of the runs.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin offers some stability in between the stroke makers, but feel like Kallis can play that role batting at 5 and also field at 3rd, while allowing for the flair of Lara at 4.

But I genuinely done know. Those two slots are the hardest to fill.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I pick Sobers at #5 because I want a 5 man bowling attack. Sobers doesn't cut it as one of them in an ATG team.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t like to put current players in my all time XI so for now I’m sticking with Tendulkar and Hammond. If Smith continues on his current path he will likely eclipse Hammond’s spot for me.

sunilz

International Regular
He believes in having both Imran & Sobers.

Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali
McGrath

@ankitj
Is it correct?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis and Sobers at 5 and 6 will be awesome. Gilchrist at 7, Imran at 8 and Akram at 9, Warne/Murali at 10 and Mcgrath at 11. Will have great depth in both batting and bowling without any loss in value. A top 4 of Hobbs Hutton Don and Sachin can take care of the runs.
Right now mine is looking like.

Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
Lara
Kallis
Sobers
Gilchrist

Hadlee
Marshall
Warne

Steyn

But only the bolded ones are even close to locks

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Right now mine is looking like.

Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
Lara
Kallis
Sobers
Gilchrist

Hadlee
Marshall
Warne

Steyn

But only the bolded ones are even close to locks
Sachin for Lara, Imran for Hadlee and McGrath for Steyn. Agree with the rest.