• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd T20 at Sydney 8 December 2020

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah bowled poorly. Both he and Sams seemed afraid to use the variations that got them picked to start with.

Fmd I hate that Fox jingle

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Abbott has lost a lot of respect for his bowling credentials over the last 2 weeks for mine. Was genuinely thinking he was looking the goods before these games
I don't know looking from the outside, but is he better suited to bowling with the red ball? He's had a gun start to the season in that format, so my question is - do you Australia are hindering his test prospects by trying to make him an all-formats player? Just curious

OverratedSanity

One of the lowest quality fielding across a game Ive seen in a long time. Brought back nostalgic memories of 90s India ODI teams

Daemon

One of the lowest quality fielding across a game Ive seen in a long time. Brought back nostalgic memories of 90s India ODI teams
The two catches from Sams and the saved sixes from Samson and Smith were pretty good though.

Overall pretty garbage though yeah.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Swepson looks the goods. He might even be a better fit for tests, given how much Zampa seems to have made his peace being a LO bowler. India took it a bit too easy straight after the PP for 3 to 5 overs and it has come back to bite them. Our weakness, more than anything else, is the lack of #intent in the middle overs of either format of the LO game. Australia have figured something out batting Maxi at 4 and using those overs to keep the momentum up. If they get Stoinis back at 6 and maybe Wade at 5, they will have a powerful MO for this format. Of course, Wade won't be any good at 5 and they will go back to Carey.

Well played Australia today. Tye really came through for them, I think, apart from the obvious good performers. Under rated spell today IMO. And of course, Maxi with the bat the difference between the two sides. We got the Wade knock from Virat. No one was good enough to play the Maxi knock for India today, and that, along with Tye and the leggies made all the difference.

Burgey

I just don't know if he turns them enough to make it as a test leggie here. Same for Zampa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just don't know if he turns them enough to make it as a test leggie here. Same for Zampa
He bowls pretty differently in the Shield. Slower and tries to rip it, with the quicker stuff as variation rather than his stock ball. I'd love to just keep him as far as away from T20 cricket as possible, although that's obviously not realistic. FC cricket is actually his best format domestically IMO, but for a leggie the gap between the Shield and Tests is a lot bigger than the gap between BBL and T20Is so the jury is still out.

Zampa is a whole other thing. He averages 50 in FC cricket for a reason. Should ideally never play another Shield game.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I just meant he is worth a shot. Maybe at the SCG against us. :p

But in all seriousness, he seems a better fit to play long form than Zampa given his style of bowling. Dunno if he is good enough to play international cricket yet but there is definitely stuff to work with there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just meant he is worth a shot. Maybe at the SCG against us. :p

But in all seriousness, he seems a better fit to play long form than Zampa given his style of bowling. Dunno if he is good enough to play international cricket yet but there is definitely stuff to work with there.
Only overseas commentators ever really talk about Zampa playing Tests. There are realstically possibly five spinners ahead of him.

The Test squad members other than Lyon in recent times have been Swepson, Agar and O'Keefe (retired). Holland had a go too but probably did his dash.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Swepson looks the goods
I don't buy that he was good. He bowled a number of half trackers that Indian batsmen for some reason just couldn't hit for sixes. If you escape getting punished on 5 bad balls in a spell you can finish with 25 runs in 4 overs rather than 45. Based on eye test Chahal was throughout better leggie; Maxwell and others were just far too good against him. Indian batsmen were hilarious poor against spin in general in the t20 leg.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I don't buy that he was good. He bowled a number of half trackers that Indian batsmen for some reason just couldn't hit for sixes. If you escape getting punished on 5 bad balls in a spell you can finish with 25 runs in 4 overs rather than 45. Based on eye test Chahal was throughout better leggie; Maxwell and others were just far too good against him. Indian batsmen were hilarious poor against spin in general in the t20 leg.
They didn't even try to!