• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

34th Match - West Indies v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As OS, said, a pretty rubbish and scratchy innings that will end up looking half-decent on the scorecard and his average. Then again, I said this is probably the right approach when he came in with 20 overs to go and with our non-existent middle-order having done nothing, so I dunno. It's just so frustrating to watch him these days.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
put pant in and move jadhav dhoni to 4-5. basically make sure the top 5 gets to 200 and then let pant pandya go berserk. we should get to 270-280. should be defendable with our bowling.

morgieb

Dhoni can still hit? Huh?

Will be an interesting chase, needless to say. Keen to see what Ambris can do.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
As OS, said, a pretty rubbish and scratchy innings that will end up looking half-decent on the scorecard and his average. Then again, I said this is probably the right approach when he came in with 20 overs to go and with our non-existent middle-order having done nothing, so I dunno. It's just so frustrating to watch him these days.
i think he's okay with our current bowling. he is still good for 50 off 65 which can help us get to 250-300 which should be defended most times. It's the 72 off 55 he can't do anymore.

trundler

56 off 61. A strike rate of 91.8. That's how you take it deep.

Now hopefully Dhoni will give wonderful tips to the spinners as always.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fabian Allen stats watch:

Matches: 8*
Batting average: 6.40
Bowling average: 250.00

The devil in me really hopes he can get to ten games with his stats still looking so horrible, as it's a common-ish minimum number of games for records.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fabian Allen stats watch:

Matches: 8*
Batting average: 6.40
Bowling average: 250.00

The devil in me really hopes he can get to ten games with his stats still looking so horrible, as it's a common-ish minimum number of games for records.
Id say he be retained for the next game at least.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He didnt need to tbh.

What he should have done is bat with a better than test match standard strike rate for two thirds of his innings.
Yeah he didn't need to go the slog earlier, he paced his innings fine. The problem is that his strike rate is so horrible when he's not going the slog these days. He's lost a few middle gears.

Burner

International Regular
Dhoni's innings today wasn't that bad imo. He clearly has a problem in rotating strike but as of the approach what else are you supposed to do when you know clearly that if you get out it's bunnies all the way to come in next.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait hold the **** up. Fabian Allen has taken 13 FC wickets and 7 list A wickets. What has he done to deserve an international cap?

Edit - and 11 t20 wickets

The guy has barely played cricket and he's in a WC

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dhoni's innings today wasn't that bad imo. He clearly has a problem in rotating strike but as of the approach what else are you supposed to do when you know clearly that if you get out it's bunnies all the way to come in next.
Yeah it was fine in the sense that he wasn't overly defensive. He's just not actually good enough to score runs at a decent rate when he's not taking lots of risks these days; it's not actually a tactical thing.