• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

33rd Match - New Zealand v Pakistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I know this is an insanely adventurous concept, but if we give Blundell a game or two and it doesn’t work out, we could always ... recall Latham?!

I think it’s definitely worth a try, Blundell could go great as he did in the warm-ups, and the way Latham is playing, a little while in the nets is probably going to be more beneficial for him than his current mediocre efforts at the cease, as well.
In the few times I've seen Blundell bat (which is a very small sample size admittedly) I've been rather impressed by his temperament and he seems to have a certain drive to succeed. Going by the numbers 50 over cricket isn't his format, but I have a hunch he wouldn't let himself down if he were given the chance against the Aussies. Selecting him would probably be too radical a step for the current think tank however.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If only we had taken Tim Seifert over as we should have, both Munro and Latham could be replaced in one swoop......
He's not yet good enough to score runs v strong opposition. Plus his keeping is gash. His time will come.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Has been for a while now to many of us.
He was from the first day he played. He just clearly doesn't have the mindset and ability to be an attacking bowler. In fact I think he might've bowled better this morning if he actually tried to operate defensively as he usually did. He seemed to have no real plan, apart from operate into the footmarks then get inpatient when things didn't happen every 2-3 balls. I know his figures looked decent but he actually bowled quite averagely. The amount of times he was hit square was poor. And either he set poor fields or Kane did.