• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

30th Match - Pakistan v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morris has probably been SA's best fast bowler this tournament.

cnerd123

likes this
"There were 7 balls bowled in the 14th over. "Everybody had six... Dharmasena had marked correctly but Sky apparently marked only 5. So they apparently conveyed to Kumar that one more ball had to be bowled. And so they got him to bowl another," informs Kaushik."
When were broadcasters allowed to umpire the game...

Stefan9

International Debutant
I don't see how you can give a soft signal for a catch on the boundary. You are too far away.

Don't think this one was out thought.

Borges

International Regular
When were broadcasters allowed to umpire the game? Since the day DRS was introduced.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I don't see how you can give a soft signal for a catch on the boundary. You are too far away.
The umpire should not assume the catch has been taken unless he sees otherwise. It's the other way around. If there is doubt, it's not out. The default is the catch was not taken unless the umpire can confirm he saw it taken cleanly. That's what the soft signal is based on.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

Don't think this one was out thought.
They have to give some sort of soft signal? The umpire has always had to make the judgement even before the days of DRS.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Good weather over next few weeks, should be around mid to high 20s, and business end of the group stage. World Cup building nicely.

Borges

International Regular
It has been a superb World Cup so far. So, so much better than what I had feared before it had started.