• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 out of the 4 Semi Finalists from 2019 are in the 2023 semi finals

King Kane

International Debutant
Hopefully it's a similar result in the semis with us beating India, I would give us a chance of beating Australia or SA in the final if we don't bowl first.

Molehill

International Captain
Hopefully it's a similar result in the semis with us beating India, I would give us a chance of beating Australia or SA in the final if we don't bowl first.
I think NZ have one chance against India and it's with the toss. Batting first has been a huge advantage in Mumbai, only the freakish Maxwell knock prevented all teams batting first winning (and winning comfortably too). If India bat first then it's hard to see how NZ can win.

King Kane

International Debutant
I think NZ have one chance against India and it's with the toss. Batting first has been a huge advantage in Mumbai, only the freakish Maxwell knock prevented all teams batting first winning (and winning comfortably too). If India bat first then it's hard to see how NZ can win.
If we bowl first against India and get early wickets especially the wickets of Rohit and Kohli then were are in with a shot, easier said than done though.

A lot depends on those two, if at least one of them doesn't go on to get a big score India's batting is vulnerable, there will be a lot of pressure on them.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Obviously India will start favourites and rightly so. They've comfortably been the best team in the tournament.

But NZ are more than capable of winning this. It's vital they get off to a good start in the match. If India got on top early on, with the crowd behind them, they can steamroll any team.

But the longer NZ are in the game, the more I would fancy them.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we bat second, we'll collapse under the lights like every team has at the wankhede. Might still lose batting first but don't see us chasing anything >200. This is a bad match up and a lot depends on the toss.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Both AUS and SA have won a Test , ODI and T20 series in IND . NZ is yet to win a TEST , ODI or T20 series in IND in their cricket history. If we lose to them , then let’s just accept that we are a choker team .

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Both AUS and SA have won a Test , ODI and T20 series in IND . NZ is yet to win a TEST , ODI or T20 series in IND in their cricket history. If we lose to them , then let’s just accept that we are a choker team .
What does Tests and T20s have to do with an ODI WC? Or what happens 10 20 years ago. This NZ team has worst match against us in Wankhede and a lot of our players have failed against their players.

I have long accepted that this Indian team is full of chokers. Haven't won any ICC trophy in 10 years despite all the resources in the world and regularly qualifying for knockouts. Even Pak has a champions trophy. And then they would say you can't judge us on a single game.