• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd ODI at Sydney, 29 November 2020

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that's not good. How do we handle him now? Because it sounds like he needs a spell. Not that I'm overly happy with the bench but Abbott is the best option to replace him the last game. While Pattinson must be thinking he's shortening for the tests.
Selectors need to be brutally pragmatic.

Daemon

On one hand it's great for us that Starc's out of form but it would be pretty annoying if Australia figure it out now and drop him before he can stink it up in a test.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On one hand it's great for us that Starc's out of form but it would be pretty annoying if Australia figure it out now and drop him before he can stink it up in a test.
People argue on here all the time over whether Starc should play and my answer is usually just that I don't care unless they drop him for someone other than Pattinson. At this point I think if Patto was left out for him it'd be a big enough mistake to complain about tbh, unless he found his rhythm before the first Test.

Daemon

People argue on here all the time over whether Starc should play and my answer is usually just that I don't care unless they drop him for someone other than Pattinson. At this point I think if Patto was left out for him it'd be a big enough mistake to complain about tbh, unless he found his rhythm before the first Test.
are the rest of the non Patto options really that bleak compared to an out of form Starc?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
are the rest of the non Patto options really that bleak compared to an out of form Starc?
Nah Neser and Abbott are good bowlers (although probably not really that suited to home conditions, Neser especially) but even when Starc is out of form it's usually just for a match or so; it's not like this

That's why I said it's usually my response - like Starc v Patto under normal circumstances is a big ehhh from me. Right now I think it'd be crazy to pick him ahead of Patto, and probably rather optimistic at best to pick him ahead of Abbott or Neser. They wouldn't be picking him thinking that if he bowled like he has been he'd still be better; they'd be doing it hoping he bowled much closer to how he usually does.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah after Richardson it falls off a bit but if Starc's been bowling trash all season then he could well sink below Neser and Abbott.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was sending them down at low-130s for a lot of last night but that might have been him trying to sacrifice speed for accuracy.
I think it was in the back half of the innings when all Aussie seamers were doing that. It was basically them trying to do what Hardik did with the ball, something which both captains have acknowledged gave away a bowling plan or a template. :laugh:

Funny how our guys still were sending it down at 140+ and getting tonked even after seeing Hardik succeed with that style of bowling.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's worrying to see Starc start the season badly again this year. His prep has to be questioned.

I would almost but not quite bet that he will come good in time for the pink/red ball.