• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20th Match - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this type of racist filth allowed on these forums? There is nothing funny about it.
It might just be funny to a racist nation like Australia but not to other people.
Presumably this dickhead copped a warning for this ****.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the same bloke who did a bit of victim blaming with regards to the Scott Kuggelejin case. Best to ignore all of his pathetic drivel.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
^Is the Edit function not quite right on cell phones? The screen opens and just as I'm editing it reloads and deletes my original comment.
Correct. To edit your post, go back to the forum, switch to desktop mode (this will return you to the thread) and edit it that way.

stephen

Switching to desktop mode has the added convenience of letting you see how many of your posts ***** has seen. (Notifications -> likes received).

Gob

International Coach
Just an idea- would it make sense to give either Richardson or Coota or any of the 3rd seamer the new ball and hold Cummins for first change. The way I see it most teams when playing Estraya just opt to see off Cumstarc and attack the 3rd guy and none of the third guys in the squad seem like they are capable of handling it.
Give them the new pill and it would increase their chances of taking wickets and bowl a chunk of their overseas when the batsmen are circumspect. Cummins would still be good as first change. Jhye is a big blow tbh

TheJediBrah

Just an idea- would it make sense to give either Richardson or Coota or any of the 3rd seamer the new ball and hold Cummins for first change. The way I see it most teams when playing Estraya just opt to see off Cumstarc and attack the 3rd guy and none of the third guys in the squad seem like they are capable of handling it.
Give them the new pill and it would increase their chances of taking wickets and bowl a chunk of their overseas when the batsmen are circumspect. Cummins would still be good as first change. Jhye is a big blow tbh
Could be worth a try. I wouldn't give Kane the new ball though. Behrendorff maybe because he can really use it well but then you'd have 2 lefties opening. We are really missing Hazelwood.
Love Cumstarc btw

the big bambino

International Captain
Probably worth a go. Especially as Cummins is capable of adjusting roles imo. Would probably go with Dorff to partner Starc if this were to happen.

stephen

No way do I want this to happen. You open with your best to try and break through before the batsmen are set.

the big bambino

International Captain
Maybe but we have little comeback if the opposition successfully sees off or clobbers our opening pair. We might get good overs from Dorff at the top and then batsmen have the added worry of Cummins next.

TheJediBrah

Maybe but we have little comeback if the opposition successfully sees off or clobbers our opening pair. We might get good overs from Dorff at the top and then batsmen have the added worry of Cummins next.
Yes while putting your best foot forward early is important, it's also good to keep as much of your best overs in reserve as you can. It's why I was never too worried this game even when SL were 2/180-ish and in a strong position on paper, because Finch kept his best overs to the end (Starc and Cummins had only bowled 5 each around the 35 over mark IIRC), though Maxwell being treated too well allowed that to happen.

the big bambino

International Captain
That Maxie stint arguably won us the game. Gave us a lot of economical miles so Aus could really burn the fuel at the end. I don't reckon we rely on that consistently happening so Aus have to find a bowling order that makes the most of our limited resources. I think Lyon has to be part of the solution too.

mr_mister

Maxwell deserves more credit. Can tell he takes his bowling and fielding seriously, seemingly moreso than his batting at times

Debris

International 12th Man
Probably worth a go. Especially as Cummins is capable of adjusting roles imo. Would probably go with Dorff to partner Starc if this were to happen.
Australia tried this a couple of World Cups ago with McGrath. Did not go well and he was nearly as good a bowler as Cummins.

Burgey

Australia tried this a couple of World Cups ago with McGrath. Did not go well and he was nearly as good a bowler as Cummins.
Umm, they won the WC in 2007 with McGrath doing this and iirc he was leading wicket taker & player of the tourney.