• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Webster has made a bit of a habit of playing these insane knocks pretty much single handed when the rest of the Tasmanian team fall apart around him

Certainly fun to watch

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've got a bunch of extremely promising all rounders but no batsmen. Bizarre times. Could end up with 4 all rounders and 4 bowlers in the Test side in a few years

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Webster is having a very, very good season.
Would he be in the radar for "Test Cricket".?
I suppose the main question might be is he a better option than Mitch Marsh? You'd feel Webster's only opportunity to play is to bat 6 and bowl a few useful overs. Great, versatile fielder too
Certainty looks a serious player, and similar ability to Marsh in that he can just go through the gears effortlessly and then brutalize you

Spark

Global Moderator
They're basically the same age. I know he's had a great season but I just can't be enthused about swapping one big-hitting medium pace all-rounder for another. What we need are proper middle and top order batsmen, not more all-rounders. We've got a stack of those.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
They're basically the same age. I know he's had a great season but I just can't be enthused about swapping one big-hitting medium pace all-rounder for another. What we need are proper middle and top order batsmen, not more all-rounders. We've got a stack of those.
360 runs @52 in 21/22 and 596 @43 in a bowler friendly 2022/23 season. This season is a step up, but he's been very good for a while.

FYI, not saying he's the future or anything, but I've got no issue with picking him at peak for a few years while the younger guys come through.

Spark

Global Moderator
360 runs @52 in 21/22 and 596 @43 in a bowler friendly 2022/23 season. This season is a step up, but he's been very good for a while.

FYI, not saying he's the future or anything, but I've got no issue with picking him at peak for a few years while the younger guys come through.
It's not even that I'm opposed to it, it's just that I don't care. It's possibly the least important selection decision we have to make in the next 12 months.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What if he turns out to be the next best batting option regardless. You're not going to ignore him just because he bowls