• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

Qlder

International Debutant
Renshaw's form has tapered off to be almost out of the running for Warners spot now (needs huge score in the PM XI game)

First 3 shield games
17, 55, 135, 7, 57 (271 runs @ 54.20)

Last 3 shield games
26, 3, 2, 3, 37, 6 (77 runs @ 12.83)

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Renshaw's form has tapered off to be almost out of the running for Warners spot now (needs huge score in the PM XI game)

First 3 shield games
17, 55, 135, 7, 57 (271 runs @ 54.20)

Last 3 shield games
26, 3, 2, 3, 37, 6 (77 runs @ 12.83)
Yeah it always seems like he starts off well then loses form once people start hyping him up. Doesn't say a good thing for his mentality, if we're being honest.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ehh the game was kinda already lost a couple of hours ago. The late hitting from Wes AGAR, as fun as it was, was always coming too late to turn the game around.

Some positives to take in Wes bowling well, Liam Scott getting some runs in his FC return and JFM actually batting with half a brain in the first dig. top and upper middle order still has more holes in it than a screen door though

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Vics getting it done without incumbent Test spinner Todd Murphy and Australia's GOAT seam bowler Scott Boland

Qlder

International Debutant
Why are they not playing? Is this a new CA resting policy for Test squad players as Lyon and Boland have only played 3 shield games while Khawaja and Murphy have played 4 (and Neser rested 1 game too)

TheJediBrah

Also rested from the Vic team and expected to feature this Test summer was Glenn Maxwell (as well as discount Glenn Maxwell aka "Matt Short")

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ricky Ponting is dreaming the same dream.
Hardly "expected" though.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it is an absolute travesty that Maxwell never got a decent Test run in that awkward time or so post Cape Town especially.

But I just don't see how he would even fit in the XI, batting wise he would be playing the same sort of role Head already does, and his bowling is a complete nonentity with the red ball. He's 35 too so hardly a longterm option either

Gob

International Coach
Johnson also called for Cummins to be sacked literally last week
For what? I remember him calling Cummins a coward after the Langer sacking but how on earth would you ask a captain to be sacked two weeks after winning a WC

Who hurt MJ post retirement btw? He has been sour for a while now. I mean he is tearing into his long time team mates here

Qlder

International Debutant
I think Johnson thinks the same about Warner as a hell of a lot of Aussies, the only difference is that he's famous so it makes the news

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Johnson thinks the same about Warner as a hell of a lot of Aussies, the only difference is that he's famous so it makes the news
Yeah his views on Warner aren't really that remarkable. It's the personal crack at Bailey as well as the continued snipes at Cummins which make it clear where he's really coming from.