• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022 West Indies 4-Day Championship

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Any reason why Evin Lewis is not getting picked in the odi and t20 side? Is the fitness reason real?based on Ipl, it didn't seem so.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Any reason why Evin Lewis is not getting picked in the odi and t20 side? Is the fitness reason real?based on Ipl, it didn't seem so.
He failed the fitness test at his IPL franchise, so wasn't available for selection.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Day 2 of the final round washed out, more of the same expected for the rest of this final round of matches.

I hope they've got plans for an 'A' tour of some sort in the pipeline.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kraigg with another century

The rain really messed up things in this round. Imlach, playing as a keeper, opened the batting and made 76. He was solid as usual.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So a pretty good FC season considering the circumstances. Only 5 matches was less than ideal, but hopefully this signals a return to normality next year. You could see the positive effect an extended amount of FC cricket had on the players.

For me the main positive was the number of centuries scored, including some very high quality innings from Brandon King, Tage Chanderpaul and Paul Palmer.

Another bonus was the pitches were ok, enabling run scoring and rewarding some good seam bowling. The likes of Jeremiah Louis and Keemo Paul were successful through some excellent swing and seam bowling, whilst Cornwall and Permaul still got wickets, but not at the usual ludicrous average.

The only real negative for me was the likes of T & T and Barbados failing to give young batsmen a chance. Barbados won so I guess they'll claim it was fair enough, but T & Ts batting was terrible and yet Goolie and Kallicharan were nowhere to be seen. We desperately need that academy and an emerging players XI.