• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English First-Class Season Draft (June-October, seeking four players)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"Keaton Jennings. I'd also like to apply for an injury-related release of Jofra Archer with Nathan Gilchrist to replace him. Born in Harare, schoolboy cricket at St Stithians." - Braai Guys

@Red_Ink_Squid or @JOJOXI.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apologies, I might pass for the moment, pending an injury update on Sibley. Hoping we get one with the England squad announcement later.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, Heef has completed his drafting. If he wants to promote someone into his core six from the reserves, he can do so now.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm guessing once we set our preferred line-up, we can't adjust it? Realistically, I think swapping Critchley out for Lawrence is looking like a likely move. When do I need to confirm by?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Apologies for my delay - I am going to make my last pick as Kyle Abbott and put him in my first choice 6 as necessary

I may change this but for now I'll list my team as the following

Root
Bracey
Foakes +
Woakes
O Robinson
Abbott

Reserves
Burns = Top Order
Abell = Middle Order
Sanderson = Bowling Cover 1
Dawson = Bowling Cover 2

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, I think I'll go for Josh Davey as my final pick please.

Does a player need to be in our 'super 6' picks to be eligible for the uncapped emerging player award or can they win it from the bench (if they come in and score points)? Will help me decide whether I make Yates first choice or leave him on the bench - my two middle order picks are going to miss the NZ series so my batting reserves will see action.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes they can win it from the bench, although the main rival to Yates for the U.E.P. bonus has been put in a core six and should get his full seven games (Lammonby).