• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess if I have to come up with a hypothesis, it’s that something must seriously stink about the pathways in Auckland cricket if 80% of the cricketers I come across are from demographics almost totally unrepresented at the upper echelons, while something like 50% of our upper echelon cricketers are from a demographic I hardly encounter at all.
Well you could flip this around into a more interesting, less stale and leftist atheist musing too. Ponder why New Zealand tends to get such bashful and self-deprecating Charlie Brown returns from a lot of the Indian cricketers that it has tried to promote up into that type of stoic New Zealand sportsman you could put on a coin. It's almost like their hearts may not truly beat with the same pro-individual liberties, anti-patriarchy vision that the white liberal would want them to.

If they could just get a bit more XXX-looking white mischief happening at their local NZ domestic T20s too, rather than Frankie Mackay's more cerebral and homely type of white mischief, there'd be feeling a lot more motivated, probably flourish in a whole new way. Eventually they may do a rival News Corp Super League type of thing with cricket perhaps, just to feel less shackled by leftist messaging.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait is ter Braak actually a Saffer? Always thought he was of Dutch origin myself, largely because his brother plays for then

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah far as I can tell his brother was born in the Netherlands so I’m not aware of an actual South African connection...but it’s an easy assumption to make about a cricketer with Dutch connections

Chubb

International Regular
It's like Logan van Beek right? I think he's a dutch NZer/West Indian NZer but you see a "van" and think "Afrikaner".

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ under 30 team and NZ under 25 team gogogo

picks with recently Test capped players

Under 30

Tom Latham
Henry Cooper
Devon Conway
Henry Nicholls
Will Young
Daryl Mitchell
Dane Cleaver (+)
Mitchell Santner
Kyle Jamieson
Matt Henry
Lockie Ferguson

Under 25

Rachin Ravindra
Glenn Phillips
-
-
-
Finn Allen
-
Chu/Johns (+)
-
Fraser Sheat
Ben Sears

I need help with the U25 for sure

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
There aren't many U25s around atm, shows that Plunket Shield sides are hard to get into right now. Several like Seifert, L Carter, McClure recently turned 26. But for U25s you're basically picking everyone, so add Smith and:
J Field
D Foxcroft
K Clarke
J Bhula

Edit: J Boyle sneaks in too. As does R Toole as another Saffer.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
NZ under 30 team and NZ under 25 team gogogo

Under 25

Rachin Ravindra
Glenn Phillips
-
-
-
Finn Allen
-
Chu/Johns (+)
-
Fraser Sheat
Ben Sears

I need help with the U25 for sure
That shows how short we are in spin department with younger players.

vandem

International 12th Man
Under 25 FC. Some players picked on strong Ford Trophy performances, hopefully they get some Plunket Shield games in Mar-Apr.

Ravindra
Bhula
G Phillips
Allen
Clarke
Clarkson
N Smith (c)
Chu (+)
Field
Sheat
Sears

12th Ashok unless a 2nd spinner is needed, then Clarkson drops out of the XI

nzfan

Wellington A, CD A, Auckland A and ND A T20s going on today.

Wellington A smashed 215 runs in 20 overs. CD A currently at 79/3 after 11. The ripple effect of a very strong firebirds super smash team I think. Besides all those Wellington premier league games are definitely working in providing a good platform. Firebirds go about smashing runs and that has an effect on the up coming players. They know if they have to make the firebirds side then they need to do as good if not better than the current players so they go about playing good aggressive cricket. Nick Greenwood and Tim Robinson (the Wellington U19 all rounder that top scored in the recent U19 tourney) doing most of the damage with the bat. Where's Jesse Tashkoff the recent U19 captain in the Wellington A side?

Meanwhile Aces ain't going all that good in super smash and their second XI is playing a waiting game. Scored 127 off 20 overs and ND A is going to get there in a canter. Good news CDG is playing for ND A and he scored a duck :sleep: That shouldn't matter he's back playing cricket which is great. Didn't bowl either so bit of a lunch box today.

Good to see Ashok in the Auckland A set up.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Nice to see Thorn Parkes, who was the top batsman at Gillette Cup and the Under 19's a couple of years ago, turning out for ND A.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like a lovely day in Dunedin for today's double header.

Sophie Devine with a casual 65* (25) so far in her first game since November. She's giving plenty of catching practice to the crowd, who have been doing a dismal job, it must be said.

EDIT: Make that 85* (30)...

Immenso

Some tough wide calls benefiting batsmen with stance ADD. T20 is such a horse**** of a sport.