• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004 Carib Beer Cup

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
T&T gets 1st innings points with an 11-run lead. 6 wickets for Dwayne Bravo - 6/70. He certainly is a talent.
Odds for people likely to make their debut for the West Indies.

Odds 10/1:
Bennett
Babwah
Bravo

The three B's :lol: :lol:

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Please do enlighten us as to why?
Because he knows nothing about WI cricket.

I'm shortening the odds of Bennett of playing for the WI to 5-2.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Odds for people likely to make their debut for the West Indies.

Odds 10/1:
Bennett
Babwah
Bravo

The three B's :lol: :lol:
I think Bravo will make it before Babwah, but I don't think he's a mature enough batsman to be in the team as yet. Perhaps by the end of the Cup he would have changed my mind.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
jamesryfler said:
Jason Haynes -- any relation to Dessie or Robert ?

Bennett -- is he a quick ?

Is Viv Richards' son playing in the Carib Cup ?
I think he was in the Leeewards' training squad pre-tournament.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
[B
Re: Pitches. I expect that the best bowling pitch will be at the Kensington Oval. . [/B]
Have they done something with it since the Aussie test match? From memory, wasn't it so lifeless then that Ganga made a ton?!

Mr Mxyzptlk

garage flower said:
Have they done something with it since the Aussie test match? From memory, wasn't it so lifeless then that Ganga made a ton?!
Ganga's hundreds came at the QPO and Bourda and they were due to very good batting. Yes, Ganga may be a Test failure, but give him credit where it's due. He is capable of occasionally batting well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Due to urgent CW XI business I didn't get a chance to post a day four roundup of the Carib Cup games, but here are the score summaries from www.windiescricket.com

WINDWARDS V JAMAICA

CASTRIES, St. Lucia - The Windward Islands and Jamaica played to a draw in their opening round match of the Carib Beer 2004 Cricket Series at Beausejour Stadium today.

Set 290 to beat Jamaica, the Windwards finished on 223 for five, with Devon Smith not out on 118.

Scores:

Jamaica 266 (Mario Ventura 50, Tamar Lambert 38, Gareth Breese 31, Nehemiah Perry 30; Darren Sammy 2-54, Cameron Cuffy 2-56, Fernix Thomas 2-57) and 296-8 declared (Tamar Lambert 76, David Bernard 55, Keith Hibbert 50, Donovan Pagon 46, Nehemiah Perry 32; Fernix Thomas 3-72, Olanzo Jackson 2-55).

Windward Islands 273 (Shane Shillingford 63, Darren Sammy 55, Fernix Thomas 45; Ryan Cunningham 4-27, Andrew Richardson 2-45, Gareth Breese 2-80) and 223-5 (Devon Smith 118 not out, Craig Emmanuel 55; Ryan Cunningham 3-62, Andrew Richardson 2-41).

LEEWARDS V TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

POINTE-A-PIERRE, Trinidad - Leeward Islands, set 267 runs to beat Trinidad & Tobago, were 58 for three in their second innings when bad light stopped and rain combined to stop play early on the last day at Guaracara Park.

The match ended in a draw.

Scores:

Trinidad & Tobago 335 (Shazam Babwah 94, Tishan Maraj 61, Imran Jan 55; Virgil Browne 39-3-139-8) and 255 (Ricardo Powell 77, Imran Jan 58, Tishan Maraj 31; Kerry Jeremy 3-47, Wilden Cornwall 3-70, Dane Weston 2-17, Vrigil Browne 2-84) drew with

Leeward Islands 324 (Tonito Willett 93, Shane Jeffers 74, Wilden Cornwall 57; Dwayne Bravo 25.4-6-70-6, Amit Jaggernauth 2-63) and 58 for three (Shane Jeffers 21).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Barbados v Guyana

Guyana 1st Innings
A. Haniff b Collins 4
S. Chattergoon c Reifer b Collins 6
K. Arjune c wkp Browne b Collins 0
L. Cush c wkp Browne b Bradshaw 16
N. Deonarine c Hinds b Collins 6
T. Dowlin c Mayers b Best 0
+V. Nagamootoo c wkp Browne b Nurse 7
M. Nagamootoo c Best b Bradshaw 38
*N. McGarrell not out 21
E. Crandon c Reifer b Hurley 0
R. Thomas c Mayers b Hurley 1
Extras (lb 5, nb 4) 9
Total (all out) 108
Wkts Fell At: 1-12, 2-14, 3-15, 4-29, 5-37, 6-45, 7-46, 8-106, 9-106, 10-108
Bowling Overs Maidens Runs Wkts
Collins 14 6 31 4
Best 13 2 25 1 (nb 4)
Bradshaw 10 3 22 2
Nurse 5 0 19 1
Hurley 5 2 6 2

Guyana 1st Innings
K. Wilkinson lbw b Cush 116
S. Campbell c M. Nagamootoo b Crandon 12
R. Hinds b Cush 21
F. Reifer c Dowlin b Cush 133
A. Mayers c M. Nagamootoo b *McGarrell 11
*+C. Browne c M. Nagamootoo b Cush 15
R. Hurley c Chattergoon b Crandon 30
I. Bradshaw not out 65
Extras (b 3, lb 4, w 2, nb 10) 19
Total (7 wickets declared) 422
Wkts Fell At: 1-31, 2-100, 3-184, 4-219, 5-236, 6-276
Did not bat: R. Nurse, T. Best, P. Collins
Crandon 18 1 70 2 (nb 8)
Thomas 0.5 0 1 0 (nb 1)
*McGarrell 28.1 7 71 1
M. Nagamootoo 28 3 98 0 (nb 1, w 2)
Cush 33.1 1 122 4
Deonarine 18 1 53 0

Guyana 2nd Innings
A. Haniff b Nurse 8
S. Chattergoon c Reifer b Best 85
K. Arjune c wkp *Browne b Bradshaw 97
L. Cush lbw b Best 0
N. Deonarine c Collins b Best 12
T. Dowlin run out (Best) 40
+V. Nagamootoo c Hinds b Bradshaw 0
M. Nagamootoo lbw b Bradshaw 44
*N. McGarrell c (sub) Benn b Bradshaw 1
E. Crandon lbw b Collins 1
R. Thomas not out 0
Extras (b 4, lb 5, w 6, nb 13 and 5 penalty runs) 33
Total (all out) 321
Wkts Fell At: 1-21, 2-177, 3-177, 4-202, 5-242, 6-242, 7-312, 8-319, 9-321, 10-321
Collins 16.1 3 34 1 (nb 2)
Best 16 3 52 3 (nb 2, w 6)
Nurse 15 3 57 1 (nb 1)
Hurley 15 5 38 0
Bradshaw 24 3 69 4
Mayers 6 0 25 0 (nb 1)
Hinds 10 1 32 0 (nb 7)

Barbados 2nd Innings
K. Wilkinson not out 4
S. Campbell not out 1
Extras (lb 1, nb 2) 3
Total (without loss) 8
Crandon 1 0 7 0 (nb 2)

Couldn't be bothered to format it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is stupidity. We're not going to breed quality pacers with these pitches and we're not going to breed quality spinners eaither. What's the point? I haven't a clue and apparently neither does the WICB.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well Morris Odumbe certainly seems to be making a name for himself, a ten wicket haul and a fifty in one game. Ive always liked him and through the few Kenya games I have seen, seems a talented allrounder.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is stupidity. We're not going to breed quality pacers with these pitches and we're not going to breed quality spinners eaither. What's the point? I haven't a clue and apparently neither does the WICB.
Wouldnt that be the onus of the respective island cricket Associations?

Ie Babardos, Jamaica etc.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The respective islands have the immediate responsibilty, but the WICB has the overall responsibility and should therefore ensure that these things are done. Also, the WICB I believe is the one shelling out the money.

Craig

World Traveller
If they hand out grants etc. then yes.

I kind of lost faith in the WICB from what I have heard/read.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yet you have faith in the cricket control boards of the individual islands?

Like them or hate them the WICB is the organization responsible for West Indies cricket.

Craig

World Traveller
I dont think I said I had faith individual cricket boards. I checked previous comments for that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well your comment above my last one suggested that. Someone has to tend to it and you seemed to be saying that you have more faith in the individual boards than the WICB.

By handing out grants I took that you mean assigning responsibility. Basically my point is that the WICB should take full responsibility for such things as pitches.