• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004 Carib Beer Cup

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shazam Babwah looks a great talent. A wonderful hundred in the RSB and now continuing against the Leewards.

He's got 76.

T&T is 242/5.

Tishan Maraj got 61 earlier and Imran Jan got 55.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

The mighty Powell made 3 in his T&T debut and Virgil Browne has taken all 5 wickets whilst going for a fair few runs.

4 more to Babwah...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
West Indians have such exotic names --- Virgil Browne, Runako Morton etc, Brian Lara etc..

But my favourite is Cuthbert Gordon Greenidge.

Anyway, Liam I'm tipping The Bajans to win.
What are the tracks like for the Carib Cup this year ? Any fast and bouncy ones ? Any overseas team participating this year ?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kenya is participating this year.

West Indies 'B' 97 all out (Jason Haynes 28, Ryan Ramdass 17; Maurice Odumbe 5-11, Collins Obuya 2-3).

Kenya 149 all out (Maurice Odumbe 61, Martin Suji 24; Jason Bennett 5-45, Ryan Ramdass 2-16).

Watch out for Jason Bennett. He's very highly though of around these parts.

Re: Pitches. I expect that the best bowling pitch will be at the Kensington Oval. The Queen's Park Oval and Sabina Park may assist the seamers on Day 1 but in general I expect another season of flat tracks.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Jason Haynes -- any relation to Dessie or Robert ?

Bennett -- is he a quick ?

Is Viv Richards' son playing in the Carib Cup ?

Mr Mxyzptlk

My CW Day 1 Roundup

Haynes, I'm unsure. Sad to say :P. He's Bajan. :D

Bennett is not express but he is a decent pace and gets the ball to move which is his biggest attraction.

I don't think Mali Richards is participating in the Carib Cup. I could be wrong though.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Did Mali Richards make it to Middlesex BTW , I just cant recall any noteworthy appearances & couldnt be stuffed looking up his record to check :yawn:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Dosent seem to have inherited a huge amount of dad's ability unfortunately , may be to early to tell , who knows.

But he played grade cricket in Sydney last year & certainly didnt do anything special , physically the last man you'd think he was related to would be Viv , he's about 5'11' & 65 kilos :D

Craig

World Traveller
I'm placing odds of 10-1 on Bennett and Babwah to play for the West Indies in their international series or when they go to England for the WI tour or go to England for experiece.

Surely the ywill has Sir Viv has a proven track record of selecting people who have talent not nessacarily the results.

I suppose they do play better then what the scorecards read.

Mr Mxyzptlk

T&T gets 1st innings points with an 11-run lead. 6 wickets for Dwayne Bravo - 6/70. He certainly is a talent.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
I'm placing odds of 10-1 on Bennett and Babwah to play for the West Indies in their international series or when they go to England for the WI tour or go to England for experiece.

Surely the ywill has Sir Viv has a proven track record of selecting people who have talent not nessacarily the results.

I suppose they do play better then what the scorecards read.
Well, in the case of Bennett and Babwah, they have the talent and the results to date. I expect Babwah to play within the next year or two, but I don't think the WI selectors have taken much notice of Bennett yet. Still, he has a great chance of making them notice by the end of this year's Carib Cup.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Bravo out for 4... giving away his wicket. IMO he should be batting at 3 or 4, yet he's opening for whatever reason.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Windies youths rally to beat Kenya.

West Indies 'B' 97 (Jason Haynes 28; Maurice Odumbe 5-11, Collins Obuya 2-3) and 149 (Assad Fudadin 43, Dinesh Ramdin 19, Danza Hyatt 18; Maurice Odumbe 5-32, Peter Ongondo 2-17, Steve Tikolo 2-35).

Kenya 149 (Maurice Odumbe 61; Jason Bennett 5-45, Ryan Ramdass 2-16) and Kenya 85 (Kennedy Obuya 28, Steve Tikolo 20; Dwight Washington 3-23, Jason Bennett 3-23, Anderson Sealy 2-11).

Shocking. :O