• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st T20 at Canberra, 4 December 2020

aussie tragic

International Captain
Given the injuries to Starc and Agar (and Cummins resting) there are only 4 bowlers left in the Squad, Hazlewood, Abbott, Tye and Zampa.

Why is Tye even in the squad? He's 34 next week and hasn't played a T20i for over 2 years. Now he's guaranteed to play unless Starc recovers.

Trivia: who has the worst ever career economy rate in T20i for Australia...Andrew Tye (8.87)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given the injuries to Starc and Agar (and Cummins resting) there are only 4 bowlers left in the Squad, Hazlewood, Abbott, Tye and Zampa.

Why is Tye even in the squad? He's 34 next week and hasn't played a T20i for over 2 years. Now he's guaranteed to play unless Starc recovers.

Trivia: who has the worst ever career economy rate in T20i for Australia...Andrew Tye (8.87)
4EC3F490-F12A-4D5B-AD7F-300905F38CC7.jpeg

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Tye does seem a bit of an odd choice, but the selectors have liked him for a while so not completely surprising.

Frankly the most impressive thing about him is his sock collection imo

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hope we experiment more in this format, really. But guess we are stuck with one of KulCha for sure for this game too. Most likely Chahal.

Bumrah may play only the game in Canberra.

Burgey

I hope we experiment more in this format, really. But guess we are stuck with one of KulCha for sure for this game too. Most likely Chahal.

Who would they bring in as a different spin option?

Have always quite liked Kuldeep. I know nearly everyone is picking him now, but I rate the pace he bowls at.

Daemon

Kuldeep isn’t in the squad, unless he’s replaced chuckervarthy.

I think Sundar will play.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Who would they bring in as a different spin option?

Have always quite liked Kuldeep. I know nearly everyone is picking him now, but I rate the pace he bowls at.
Kuldeep has not been good in T20s for a while. I guess he is still in the squad but I know Natarajan replaced Chakravarthy. The best option would be to go with Sundar as he can bowl in the PP which helps us conserve some overs of Bumrah. But knowing Virat's obsession with wrist spin, he will go with Chahal.

TBF, Chahal is far better in T20s than he is in ODIs or List As. So lets see.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So word is Starc will play today. He needs 3 wkts to equal Watto as leading wkt taker for Australia. Amazing that Watto is also 4th highest run scorer behind only Warner, Finch and Maxwell

Edit: yep, Starc marking out his run up

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If agar is injured can Australia get away with just playing short as a like for like ish replacement? They should be able to find 4 overs between Maxwell, henriques/green and short

aussie tragic

International Captain
Australia win the toss and bowl (what happened to bat first?) Finch, Short, Wade top 3

Edit: Geez, had to go to cricinfo to get the team as Foxtel have said nothing. Swepson in from A squad

Australia 1 Aaron Finch, 2 D'Arcy Short, 3 Matthew Wade, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Glenn Maxwell, 6 Moises Henriques, 7 Sean Abbott, 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Mitchell Swepson, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I swear when on earth will the selectors learn that pushing smith and Maxwell down the order doesn't fix the middle order, just means our best players get less time at the crease. This side looks hugely imbalanced, one of abbott and hazlewood will bowl death and get murdered.

Daemon

Only 4 runs but Starc's got lucky in that over. A wide not called, then 5 half volleys.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
How on earth did India go from being 50/1 at the 6th over mark in the first 2 odi's to this horse**** in the t20's.

Burgey

because Starc is bowling about 400% better than he did in the ODIs so far