• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
As usual is interesting.

Since beating you at the 2011 World Cup, it's NZ 14 - Pakistan 4, with two no results. 9-0 in NZ. 5-3 (to us) on the sub-continent. But 1-0 to you now on any other continent. There is that. Oh yeah then there was the Test series late last year. Should we include that too?
Why is 2011 the cut-off? Pakistan are 93-68 across formats Vs NZ and in tests it is 25-12! Those are worse numbers than india's against Pakistan.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing beats leaving out Haris Sohail in the first week. Top middle order batsman who would have probably arrested the collapse against Windies.

cnerd123

likes this
Why is 2011 the cut-off? Pakistan are 93-68 across formats Vs NZ and in tests it is 25-12! Those are worse numbers than india's against Pakistan.
This line of thinking explains how Malik and Hafeez were still in the squad tbh

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol a Pakistan fan instead of reflecting on how his team got gang-banged by West Indies that only won 2 games all tournament, one against AFG the other you know who....

Let's focus on the imaginary semi final between Pakistan and India eh

Oh did I mention how they wanted to ensure a safe victory against Bangladesh instead of shooting for stars, like we did in 2015? Dream Big NZ? Our boys would have tried for the miracle in that position, no shame in losing by 10 wickets in trying.

I genuinely was nervous about PAK scoring 400 then bowl out BAN for 80, Wasi said PAK can do anything, but they didn't even try in this game, nor the opener vs WI, they created their own fate.
Yes, I actually had high hopes of Pakistan making it an entertaining match. Had Fakhar Zaman as my fantasy league captain hoping him to score a quickfire hundred. But he did the exact opposite.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I have a gut feeling that Williamson will surprise India with a captaincy decision.

Maybe he will open with Guptill pushing Nicholls down to 3?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a gut feeling that Williamson will surprise India with a captaincy decision.

With forecast being cloudy, I am really fearing a 10/3 or 10/4 by India with Boult and co wreaking havoc.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing beats leaving out Haris Sohail in the first week. Top middle order batsman who would have probably arrested the collapse against Windies.
Haris Sohail played in that WI match, he got dropped after that game.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Haris Sohail played in that WI match, he got dropped after that game.
i meant the squad in general. thinking overall record of nation vs nation is somehow relevant to who should be in the semi final in 2019 is perfectly in line with picking past heroes well past their prime

Flem274*

123/5
can't wait to win this wc. imagine trash talking the team who decimated you with colin de grandhomme and a couple of 4th and 5th choice finger spinners?

tests against pakistan are a good rest for boult/wagner/southee i guess.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
With forecast being cloudy, I am really fearing a 10/3 or 10/4 by India with Boult and co wreaking havoc.
If we lose 2 quick wickets then the third wicket is just a matter of time against the new ball, because we are playing a meme player at number 4.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
If you see Kane tossing the coin, NZ will likely win the toss, he's the king of tossing the opposite of the call, must have practiced during training. But he's the worst calling the toss too.

I'd have gone for Blundell and Guppy opening and Fergey with the new ball lol. Make it so unpredictable for the Indians that we don't even know what we're gonna do next. Mess the players' heads up so much that they forget about the nerves and pressure lol

vcs

So far you guys have only had to deal with bitter Pakistan fans, if you go past the semifinal, there will the delicious bitter tears of a billion Indians to savour as well.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
So far you guys have only had to deal with bitter Pakistan fans, if you go past the semifinal, there will the delicious bitter tears of a billion Indians to savour as well.
Half my clients in the clinic are Indians, must avoid talking sport with all cost then

cnerd123

likes this
Forecast for showers. Prediction, rain affected match that NZ jam their way into winning after getting a favourable Duckwlorth Lewis adjustment.
I could be okay with this.

OverratedSanity

Meh. I like NZ and wouldn't mind if they won the whole thing.

Only problem is, if they do beat us, they'll get stomped in the final if australia get there. This must not be allowed to happen.

vcs

Yeah, if they do fluke it past us, I wouldn't mind it as long as they went on to win the whole bloody thing. Hopefully in the jammiest possible way.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
How is this relevant to what I posted? The only record that really matters is overall h2h record where Pakistan are 12-9 in tests and something like 75-55 in ODIs.

None of the above is relevant to how Dhoni and co. played Vs England though. One of the most cowardly displays and really not befitting a champion team. Do we really want our World Champions to play like that for whatever reason?
Er, using your logic you could also make the argument that the only record that matters is Dhoni's 10000+ runs @ 51 in ODIs plus all that silverware. Not one of his finest moments for sure, but for all practical purposes we're in reset mode. As for the point about whether either team "deserves: to be there, it would be a bit like complaining that Pakistan had no business being in the semis in '92 thanks to that rained out game in which they were bowled out for 74 against England. Let's leave the churlishness aside please.

Flem274*

123/5
no if we win i want it to be the hardest players for commentators to cope with playing a genuinely brilliant hand.