• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th Match - India v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure Smith even cares that much about the booing. Could be wrong but yeah he's definitely expected and prepared for it all

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes it is unacceptable to constantly boo a player, have your fun then grow up. What is the desired result here, do you want him to leave cricket.
Yeah I recall you saying exactly the same thing about your crowds and Stuart Broad in '13.

the big bambino

International Captain
Contrast the class shown by Kohli with perennial English crybaby snivelling about Broad. Rub the boowa if it still hurts.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't say unacceptable but it's definitely childish and crap.
Maybe.

I don't expect anyone to really agree with me on this but watching a sportsman playing in front of a hostile (but not particularly disrespectful or dangerous) crowd makes for very compelling viewing and produces some of the most memorable moments. I'm not defending it from the pov of the crowd having the 'right' to do it or anything, just that it can add to the entertainment greatly at times and is, at the end of the day, pretty harmless.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kohli is nothing if not impulsive. You're always going to get wildly contrasting behavior from him but it will rarely be premeditated, other than platitudes of playing with intent and expressing yourself in pressers.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
And LOL at all you Aussie Kohli fanbois.......interesting that is the most parochial of you wetting your panties over him. Who'd have thought him standing up for your skip against some mean Poms would have won you over so easily:laugh:
Don't think there were too many Englishmen in that crowd. He was asking Indian fans to can it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe.

I don't expect anyone to really agree with me on this but watching a sportsman playing in front of a hostile (but not particularly disrespectful or dangerous) crowd makes for very compelling viewing and produces some of the most memorable moments. I'm not defending it from the pov of the crowd having the 'right' to do it or anything, just that it can add to the entertainment greatly at times and is, at the end of the day, pretty harmless.
I agree with the rest of your post except this. Constant booing in every match can break a person. Smith has done his time and I don't think he deserves this.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Maybe.

Based on what we've seen of Smith since his comeback, I very much doubt anything's going to break him. He'll come back to England in a few months and score more than 500 runs easy.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe.

i mean there's been no signs so far that smith has actually been affected or bothered adversely by it at all. it's struck me as pretty pantomine so far.

vcs

Yeah Smith's not going to be fazed by a bit of booing, and given how Aussie crowds have behaved at times, I don't really care much if a few of their players get barracked a bit. He'll make runs and shut them up pretty soon.

Burgey

If finch hadn't hesitated would he have made his ground and everyone would have commented great running by Warner? He was only 2 feet out and it was a big hesitation
Was always a risky run imo. Was a shame as Finch looked the goods. I expected his front pad to be belted to oblivion