• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11th Match - Pakistan v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
not ideal for either of the teams, a win would have helped one of the teams a lot more rather than having one point each.

Pak would have definitely fancied themselves against this SL outfit much more than their next 4 matches against Aus, Eng, SA. and NZ

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Ah... just checking. So there is some rain in June in England?
Erm...if you're trying to make a point here, it is most definitely lost on me! I have missed something earlier, obviously.

It is really grim out there. Heavy rain and not even warm.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The England in June meme has become a more enduring legacy to CW from Howe than the (excellent) podcast.
Yeah. I obviously didn't make my point properly, so I'll cop it, but I wish it wasn't basically the opposite of what I meant.

I still hate doomsaying about the weather, it's the ill-informed certainty of it that really grinds me. Like every ignorant opinion that gets plastered over the internet and picked up by the mob. So when my statement got remembered as 'it never rains in England in June', which is obviously a statement with all the same wrong certainty about it, it feels like I'm being held to account for the other side's thing. Honestly, it gets me down.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I know. Just doesn't feel that way. As is often the case when you are the target.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That came across a bit callous. It does suck when something like that happens, I do feel for him. But it's not like he flew out from Pakistan or something.

hazsa19

International Regular
That came across a bit callous. It does suck when something like that happens, I do feel for him. But it's not like he flew out from Pakistan or something.
I’m gonna go ahead and say with a good degree of confidence that no one has flown from Pakistan to Bristol just to watch this match.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you think they wait way longer to call a game off in world cups compared to JAMODIs? Or is it the same time ruling

mayor

Cricket Spectator
Looking at the forecast on weather.com I doubt a completed game is possible today. My bet is that they will set a time for the game to start after the inspection, and the rain will return before scheduled start of play.