• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

10th Match - Australia v Bangladesh (21st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gob

International Coach
Aust bowling is seriously missing Mitchell Starc here particularly at the death. Best white ball bowler in the world and would become one of the best red ball bowlers as well very soon

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
That was a really, really poor quality game. Struggle to see Aus beating a good team. Bangladesh as poor as normal, so overrated by those desperate for them to succeed. Their top order is worse than a few associate teams.
Tamim has been awful at t20 but he has regained a bit of form. Shabbir is just pure class and batting at no.3 currently. This statement does not hold much merit.

91Jmay

International Coach
Tamim is a hack and Mithun is one of the worst players I've seen play for a test match nation. Solid average of 12 in T20is :laugh:

Porterfield is decent, Paul Stirling is much better than any Deshi player and Wilson can play as well.

Shabbir pure class 8-). He is a decent player, but the only good one Deshi's have. He was abysmal today though, played a total match losing innings. Bangladesh are obviously much better than Ireland as their bowlers are actually international standard and lower middle order adds value more often than not.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Tamim is a hack and Mithun is one of the worst players I've seen play for a test match nation. Solid average of 12 in T20is :laugh:

Porterfield is decent, Paul Stirling is much better than any Deshi player and Wilson can play as well.

Shabbir pure class 8-). He is a decent player, but the only good one Deshi's have. He was abysmal today though, played a total match losing innings. Bangladesh are obviously much better than Ireland as their bowlers are actually international standard and lower middle order adds value more often than not.
Soumya Sarkar is a terrific young talent but so far he has flopped hard in these two games.He was a big fixture in BD's impressive series wins against Pakistan,SA and India.
And Shabbir is definitely an exciting young talent.These two players in particular i believe will go on to become big stars for their country.Tamim is still in his mid 20s as well.Just think they need one more player to make an all-round solid 7 comprising of Tamim-Soumya-Shabbir-Shakib-X-Rahim-Mahmudullah.
Forget Ireland,they have better batting talent than Sri Lanka lol.

Wilson and Porterfield are pure scrubs when we talk about this format.You must be having a laugh surely.Ireland lolz

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Porterfield, Wilson and Stirling :laugh:. Mid tier county mediocrities who again failed against both Oman and the Netherlands, teams who were smashed around even by Tamin, someone who is not great shakes in this format. I remember Porterfield playing out a first over maiden against a spinner Lalchetta, who was dismembered by Tamim.

Sometimes you have to let things go instead of digging yourself even deeper when you throw out poorly thought troll bait comments.Now if instead you said that "England has a worse bowling attack than a number of associates", you'd be on surer ground. :whistling

91Jmay

International Coach
Gosh it is easy to be a 'terrific young talent' on this board. Sarkar has good a good start to his ODI career but in T20s has done nothing. Would love to see what you boys said about Ashraful back in the day. No doubt another 'terrific young talent' who would go on to be a big star.

Playing in more familiar conditions of course Ireland players struggled, not to mention they are average anyway.

Bangladesh though might learn a bit watching from home when the semi finals start, as per usual.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Dont be stupid.

Bangladesh havent been doing all that well in T20's in general but as far as the longer formats are concerned they've been better than they've ever been before and they're winning games now.He's a big reason they're winning games too as he's played some match winning knocks over the last yr more than Ashraful ever in his entire career really.
For me he's still growing as a player in terms of technique but he's showed far better maturity and temperament than Ashraful for his age.There's absolutely no doubt about that.He can build an innings better than Ashraful.For me Soumya Sarkar is the best batting prodigy of Bangladesh in this moment taking all formats into consideration.
As far as Shabbir is concerned,i think he's made for T20.In ODI's,i've seen they've been used them lower down the order which suits him when you need to up the run rate especially.
The Ashraful scenario doesnt apply here.When Bangladesh start winning games consistently like they've been doing at their home for a while now,they're going to have greater confidence to develop into quality players.Thats what the WC has done to them.Players like Mahmudullah would walk into Pakistan's or Sri Lanka's lineup for example or even some of the other bigger teams.
You gotta be incredibly ignorant to not notice the temperament and the maturity levels of this B'Desh team particularly their batting.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
by far the worst part about this australian team is the uniform, bring back the australian gold